Harry Potter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #1
Trustee

Harry Potter

I just saw the last Harry Potter movie in 3D with real D 3D glasses. They did a great job using 3D very well. And the glasses worked great, too. This is the first time I saw a 3D movie in a theater since I visited DisneyWorld back in the Eighties! I am glad our local theater has finally adopted the technology.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Harry Potter

Hi Adam, completely off topic, but I figure you may know the answer to this.

I produce my own 3D content, before I publish to bluray 3D, I really want to store and watch some of my productions on my PS3. Is it possible to create files that will automatically switch my 3D TV into 3D mode?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Trustee

I don’t know, but I assume so based on the fact that my software player (TotalMedia Theatre 5) can figure out which BDs are 3D and which are 2D and switches the video card of my computer to the 3D mode automatically.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #4
Trustee

Was the entire episode in 3D? Just asking because in the previous installment, we were blown away with how incredible the 3D looked...but it was only about 20 minutes long. The rest of the movie was 2D! We felt ripped off.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #5
Trustee

Yes, the entire movie was in 3D. I only hope they’re also going to release it on a 3D BD.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery