NYC 3D Events in October at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old October 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Wrangler

NYC 3D Events in October

For those of you attending the CCW 3DWorld this week in NYC please drop by my presentation with JVC on the HMZ1 3D handheld camcorder (wednesday at 4pm) where I will show a few minutes of footage from DCP on the RealD projector and talk about the camera and the post workflow.

On Thursday I am on the panel "3D on a Budget: Is it Possible and How?" with Rob Willox, Jan Crittenden and Edgar Shane of Sony, Panasonic and JVC respectively. I'll be showing the contents from my usual Keynote presentation about the 10 things every 3D producer should know, the state of 3D distribution, talk about selling a show to a broadcaster like 3net, etc. I have now worked with every 3D camera from these manufacturers including Sony's TD300 so I will probably also talk about self-contained 3D cameras vs beam-splitters.

Then on Friday we are hosting a day of Stereo3D CAT demos at Manhattan Edit Workshop (80 5th Ave near Union Square.) 21st Century 3D is bringing their BX3.5 and we will be doing the first public demo of Stereo3D CAT working with Blackmagic's UltraStudio 3D Thunderbolt capture box. Just go here to register.

If you are in L.A. or Toronto we are doing the CAT events there in November.
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

re: NYC 3D Events in October

Tim, for those of us on the other side of the Pond is there any chance of getting some sort of copy of your presentations?

Or do you plan a European tour? :)
Neil Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Wrangler

As soon as we get some European dealers up and running I'm sure we will do a similar road show. Paul Taylor is using the system as part of a 3D workshop he is doing this week in Dublin but we don't have any other immediate plans for Europe.
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I had the opportunity to see the Stereo3D CAT in a real time demo this morning, and to meet Tim and some of his crew who developed it.
Jason Goodman of 21st Century3D supplied and operated the Two camera-3D Beamsplitter rig, which was quite impressive in its own right.

The rig was overlooking downtown NYC and sections of the room and window were in the foreground.

What was instantly apparent, was the portability of the Stereo3D CAT system, and during the demo, I was impressed by the quickness of getting all the critical alignments not only extremely accurate, but extremely fast. The cameras two seperate signals are very clear to see, you do not have to squint or wonder.
You can be very specific, and be hands-on as much as you so desire. For 3D alignment and concerns, It seems that "every stone has been looked under" in this design.
Although "ease and speed" sometimes translates into "dumbed-down automatic", not with this, you can tweak and fine-tune a plethora of 3D settings in one or two steps.
It is intelligent and elegant, and it is also robust, you can just handhold the "slate" in from of the camera for a few seconds, and get the readings.

It utilizes familiar hardware too. In this swiftly evolving 3D Industry, it is apparent it will also evolve and be updated with what is continuously going on.
And great meeting you in person Tim!

Catch you later,
Carlton Bright, (CEO of Carlton Bright Inc.
Hopefully, if things keep going with my own newly formed Inc, I will be able to use this in a production :-)
Carlton Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Re: NYC 3D Events in October

A 3D event this Friday night:

IF BUILDINGS COULD TALK... is a visual investigation of the Rolex Learning Center in Lausanne, the recently inaugurated futuristic building designed by SANAA as the flagship of the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne). With this 3D video installation, Wim Wenders explores the question of how buildings communicate with their users responding to the theme of the Biennale 2010 Set by Kasuyo Sejima, "People Meet in Architecture".

IF BUILDINGS COULD TALK... is produced by Neue Road Movies with the support of Rolex. Concept and Directing: Wim Wenders, Stereographer: Alain Derobe, Director of Photography: Jörg Widmer, Sound: Ansgar Frerich, Music: Thom Hanreich, Editing: Toni Froschhammer, Postproduction Stereographer: Daniele Siragusano, Postproduction Supervisor: Jan Fröhlich, Producer: Erwin M. Schmidt.

Cutting edge methods and technology have been involved in the production. It is shot on Canon photo cameras using Zeiss lenses. The 3D-*‐rigs are prototypes by Philippe Bordelais and Alain Derobe. The sound work is done at DieBasisBerlin. Cinepostproduction is responsible for the image post-*‐production including stereo sweetening, depth grading und stereo colour grading.

Year: 2010
Length: 24 min
Language:
Directors: Wim Wenders
Program 15: If Buildings Could Talk - 3D
Showtimes: 10/21 7:00
Q & A with Directors
Carlton Bright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery