MVC files to SIDE BY SIDE??! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: MVC files to SIDE BY SIDE??!

Theoretically, top-bottom-half is much better for passive monitors, compared with sbs-half, since that takes better into account how passive monitors and HDTV works. In the practice the difference is limited, but give it a try. There is another discussion about that:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stere...nterlaced.html

And if you are down to sbs-half after rendering, you will have lost half of the resolution. So a lot of people use that for the preview, but for final rendering they will try to maintain full resolution.

Yes, maybe a separate PC would be the best solution, even if I know that some people run Edius or Vegas also on a Mac. It is a shame that there is no MVC-Encoder for the Mac-world up to now - at least as far as I know not for the prosumer world where people are willing and able to spend some hundred U$ maybe.

Be aware that even with Vegas you are not able to generate 3D-BDs with menus. That is something that is supported by both Cyberlinks PD10 but also Magix Pro X4 to some extend, but this two solutions have other issues at the moment. But some people try to combine Vegas together with the PD10 for that reason - to be able to end up with some 3D-BD-menus without a U$ 20.000 solution. So maybe a workflow for you could also combine different NLEs, depending on what you wish to go.

Wolfgang
http://videotreffpunkt.com
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum
Wolfgang Schmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:51 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Marcello, I'll be boring and chip in with my usual comment at this point that I run Edius 6.5 on an iMac using Win7 running under Parallels 7 and it's fine. Not as clumsy as boot camp and you can keep an OSX interface for most of the rest of your work if you prefer. All files can be shared between OSX and Win7.

And of course, with respect to Wolfgang ;), you could also run Sony Vegas on a Mac in the same way.

Cheers

Neil
Neil Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 11:16 AM   #33
Major Player

Thanks to both.. I'll have to switch to PC if the story gets serious... At present I really would like just to view my editings in full MVC on my home 3DTV by Samsung.. that's all...We'll see what happens. Thanks again
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery