Sony TD20V announced! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony TD20V announced!

Sony announced the HDR-TD20V to replace the TD10. Specs seem about the same save for added GPS and 20MP still images. 60P is still limited to 2D recordings and they dropped the interaxial distance down to about 21mm (according to ubergizmo).

Full HD 3D Handycam Camcorder | HDR-TD20V | Sony USA

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/838301-REG/Sony_HDR_TD20V_S_HDR_TD20V_Full_HD_3D.html

Ubergizmo has some comparison photos.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/son...cam-hdr-td20v/

Last edited by Matt Sharp; January 9th, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Matt Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony TD20V announced!

I for one got burned on the TD10 by assuming (ahem) that when 24P was mentioned in the Sony brochure it was 2D and 3D modes. It turned out to be true for only the 2D mode. Reading the info on your links, the 24P is mentioned in the same way and alongside the 60P - which you note is valid for 2D recordings only. So I'll need more info as to the 24P in 3D capabilities before I jump on the fanboy wagon.

I already own and operate a Sony NX3D1 which has XLR inputs and does record a true 24P - albeit over 60i for 3D so aside from the smaller IA, I don't see it as an improvement over that camera but at half the price it should make some waves.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery