Edit Suite Output 3D monitors - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old June 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Edit Suite Output 3D monitors

Juergen, I have two LG DM2780D's and just connect them via HDMI from my Macbook and iMac. They work fine. As long as you can provide an HDMI connection they'll be ok - if you have DVI then just buy a simple DVI-to-HDMI adapter (about 10 euros).

In Final Cut go to the View menu and then External Video and select All Frames and Refresh A/V when you connect. Sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling but once it's established the connection it's pretty solid. Stereo3DToolbox runs as normal and all the 3D modes can output to the second monitor. You will have to put the TV into 3D mode manually though.

To my delight I discovered that these great little 3D TV/monitors can also play .mov files directly off a USB stick, just like their big brother the LG LD950. I was quite surprised, because just about every other consumer TV out there will only play DivX from their USB ports. Being able to put side-by-side quicktime movies onto a USB stick and play it out as a 3D showreel is a pretty handy thing to be able to do.

By the way, I think these 2780's are a bargain, I got mine for about £230 + VAT each.
Neil Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Neil, Thanks a lot for your reply.
So that means, the LG will accept on its HDMI IN a DVI side-by-side signal coming from Final Cut Pro (with Stereo 3D Toolbox Plug-In), which is being outputted via a DVI-HDMI adapter?
Is this correct? That sound too good to be true!?!
Jürgen
Juergen Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #18
Regular Crew

It's true Juergen.

I've been driving 3D monitors for nearly 2 years from Macs and never spent more than £7 for an adapter plus the cost of an HDMI cable.
Neil Richards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery