Sony HDR-TD30V Consumer camcorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old February 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Wrangler

Sony HDR-TD30V Consumer camcorder

This new Sony camcorder debuted at CES this year.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...17963#features

Has anyone gotten one yet? Does it come bundled with Sony software to demux the MVC files for Mac OS X?
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sony HDR-TD30V Consumer camcorder

I've been trying to see where the money saving has been accomplished - the HDRTD20 is twice the price - Sony must be really pushing this little camera to let it go for so little...

I can find no reference to the internal 64gb flash memory that exists in earlier models - so it looks like that's been dumped - one card at a time then... however, still makes a great 3D cam, especially as you can get to 30 cm close up in 3D - not bad at all.

Paul :-)
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Inner Circle

from td10 to td30, there is always something lost.
with the TD30 you definitely loose all the manual control, internal memory, access to output plug from behind (now hidden by the lcd screen).
The TD20 was slightly better for the picture, but i do not think they bring something new for the TD30.

If you need a cheap camera , take the TD10 (about 800 street price).
Strangely after 3 versions of this consumer camera, the pro model (nx3d1)is still locked to the old TD10 design and got no update since.
There is a unknown camera from panasonic called Z10000 that is better than the previous expensive one (over 10 thousand $) since it record both side on one card in MVC 2.0 (the high end model record each side on a different card) , features 3Cmos x2 and a nice macro (45cm) mode.And obviously is better than td10/20/30)
and you can find it for less than 3000.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Why should the Z10K be an unknown camera? We have discussed it in a lots of places, for example here

Panasonic-hdc-z10000-3d-camcorder

but also here a little bit

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stere...avid-soft.html

Very true, the Z10K is superior compared to cameras like the TD10, TD20 or TD30 - given the larger IO, but more important the 1080 24p, full manual control also in s3D and the professional XLR-audio section. It has a higher price too, on the other side. I run here both some TD10s but also the Z10K, and I like both cameras for different reasons (like the TD10 is much smaller and usefull for settings where you wish to look like more as a consumer).

Beside all other small changes - the major drawback of the TD10/20/30 is still the missing 1080 24p, but also the missing manual control in s3D. And I still prefere the TD10 compared to the 20/30, due to the larger IO.

Wolfgang
http://videotreffpunkt.com
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum
Wolfgang Schmid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery