"3DVX3" 4:4:4 HD 3D camera runs on OSX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 17th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Major Player

"3DVX3" 4:4:4 HD 3D camera runs on OSX

just say this over at engadget.

2 dvx with what looks like the reel-stream mod with a whole bunch of other gear

http://www.21stcentury3d.com/press/pr-060117-3dvx3.html

That would be nice to have
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Major Player

They built the 3dvx steroscopic video camera based around 2 dvx's before but recorded mini dv to tape. I think they just took it one step further with the reel-stream mod. I wasn't their but I think the 3dvx was displayed at nab'05.

http://www.21stcentury3d.com/3dvx.html
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 01:40 AM   #3
Major Player

"3DVX3" 4:4:4 HD 3D camera that runs on OSX... Dude!

Don't know how many of you read ICG, but this camera got a nod in their article about new tools for "indie" filmmakers. They were also at NAB... I love stuff like this, and figured you guys would at least get a kick out of it. Enjoy!

http://www.21stcentury3d.com/press/pr-060117-3dvx3.html
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Now that's some camera! But you'd need to have a use for 3D. I wonder do they have a recording unit for just the normal DVX - that's what i really like about it, the straight to disc in 4:4:4, though even 4:2:2 would be great. Probably a big enough market just in that half of the device.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 05:48 AM   #5
Capt. Quirk

Didn't 3D die out... and for a good reason? And as far as running on OS X, that is something else that doesn't thrill me. But aside from those two points, it's a cool cam!
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Major Player

3D is a very real reality for cinema. It could be what everyone goes to. Hollywood is desperate, they've had a really bad year and sales have generally died off over time. I don't think the whole internet-TV thing is what we should be aiming for, nor do I think digital cinema downloads are the Holy Grail either. But 3D can at least be a gimmick until they get some new blood going in the Hollywood circuit.

I for one am very worried about this, if I buy a RED, will I still have 3D as an option? HVX200? HDV? What if some new 3D camera comes out and nobody wants 2D movies anymore? It's a tough situation. But if we're going to have 3D versions of Star Wars 1-6 and Lord of the Rings by next year, and if they're successful, then we may be in some trouble.

But then there's the opposite, what if 3D doesn't take off and fails like it did during the lates 70's and 80's? Well, then we would have worried over nothing.

The 3DVX3 is a great idea and really seems like a useful tool, but I wish they'd work on getting a mass production process on these so they can start selling them instead of renting, that could put some people off of the idea.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery