just ordered a cool support.Totally Scandanavian. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

just ordered a cool support.Totally Scandanavian.

Ever seen an "ergorest"?

It's a tabletop tripod that doubles as a car window support as well as a a general handle/breast-brace.

PLUS it purports to be able to shoot directly down at the table without the support itself entering the frame...although I think shooting gels or stills MUST have some keyholing from the angle..

PLUS it is entirely rubber coated so every point of contact is grippy...

$85 at BHphoto. I got it instead of a tabletop and a monopod. I'll tell y'all how it works...especially on the car! Yay! two person in the car conversation shots!
Old September 17th, 2003, 03:17 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Looked very interesting. I'm looking forward to read about your experience with it.
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:13 PM   #3
Major Player

That looks very interesting, but you might also look at Bogen 3292 for a window support that is twenty bucks less. This one has a ball leveler that allows you to pan and tilt the camera to compose your shot. I have used this mount, and it works fine for the purpose. Of course it does not have the ability to do "tabletop" work.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2003, 12:41 PM   #4
Major Player

What a coincident Kat. I have a friend who is a of the inventor. The product is Swedish, well at least the guy lives here in Sweden. I got look at his first model way back in 1999. It was a little different than the one that is selling at B&H but the outline is the same. Just wanted to mention it. It's a small world.
Old September 20th, 2003, 09:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

ergorest is backordered

a very popular item?

so I will not have it for BsAs :(
Thanks for the bogen recommendation. Will take a look for sure, although not this trip. Bought a bogen tabletop and cool monopod instead.

But I am intriged by the ergo and want to get it for the reason that it was a reasonably priced multi tool.

kisses,
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:11 PM   #6
Major Player

Is the Bogen 3292 pretty steady in the window?
( http://store2.yimg.com/I/cinemasupplies_1764_21390533 )
I really wouldn't want my XL1s to go tumbling across the ground at 30mph.
Bryan Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #7
Major Player

The best way to use the Bogen is to attach it to the window, mount the camera, then close the window as much as you can to wedge the camera between the window and the window frame. Certainly, you should add a safety line to be absolutely certain your camera does not tumble out the window at thirty miles an hour.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #8
Warden

This is the window mount I use for both video and still photography. It's expensive, but very stable and secure feeling.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics