Attaching Quick-Release Base to a Support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics

Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Attaching Quick-Release Base to a Support

How does the Bogen 577 quick-release attach to a camera mount, such as a shoulder mount? Does it attach to the standard screw-and-pin connectors? I've seen many references to the quick-release plates but no info on how the bottom portion is actually attached to the mount.
Allen Brodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Inner Circle

It has the same 1/4X20 mounting hole on the bottom of the mechanisim as any other mounting plate. Then just use the QR plate that comes with it OR the plate from a 501 or 503 head (they are the same) and you're in business.

I used the 577 on a shoulder brace for my 150's (until I stopped using it) and on my 682 monopod until I put a 501 head on it.

BTW, it also has a 3/8ths hole as well.

Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM   #3
Regular Crew

So it attaches just like a mounting plate. Thanks!
Allen Brodsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics