Good purchase? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 4th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Good purchase?

I just bought a 3192 bogen tripod with a 3066 head for 300 bucks. Seems to be in great shape. Iv never had a tripod over 50 bucks so I was curious if you all had any comments on the setup. I will be using it with the XL2. Thanks!

Marcus
Mark Errante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Actually Mark, since you've bought the tripod and head, you're now in the best position to tell us what you think about it. I welcome such user reports all the time here, so please let us know what your experiences are.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:36 PM   #3
Wrangler

I looked on Manfrotto's and B&H's website and couldn't find a head with that number. Is there an alternate model number for it, or is it discontinued?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #4
Major Player

It's discontinued---replaced by the 516, I think.

Mark, I bought a brand new 3066 on Ebay last fall for $202, because I've used them for years. Solid performers for the money.
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Mark;
I have used your Bogen setup for several years with very good results. The tripod is excellent and the head is probably a good investment. Your price was good.The only critizisms I would have is that the combo is a bit heavy if you have to carry it very far, and the head will begin to loosen over time. However, I carried the combo with an XL1 in Denali for ten miles one day, and many days up to ten miles; And I am probably much older than you!!!
I now use a Vinten setup, much lighter; But I still have the Bogen and it is still in good shape. The head is no longer carried in stock or manufactured as far as I know.
You should get years of good use. If you carry it, get a foam pad for your shoulder!!

Ron
Ron Armstrong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics