DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/101252-jvc-pro-hd-adobe-premiere-pro.html)

Dennis Tzeng August 15th, 2007 05:46 PM

I also use Cineform with Premiere Pro. Had to upgrade my Cineform when I upgraded to CS3 as well. It makes editing of JVC HD 24P very smooth on a good system. I wish Adobe didn't drop the ball on this, but they did. Don't know how a company with that much money and solid products can do stuff like this. Premiere Pro has alot of potential but with stuff like this it makes it harder to recommend to other people.

BTW CS3 is barely an upgrade from CS2, it's not even worthy of a .5 upgrade

Julian Maytum August 15th, 2007 08:54 PM

I agree Dennis. From what I have read it seems they put all their efforts into bringing it to the Macintosh platform with this release. I just wish they wouldn't bugger things up that work from one revision to the next or at least acknowledge and fix it if they do.

I am going to have to have a hard look at Edius and other options.

Laszlo Horvath August 15th, 2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Maytum (Post 729693)
I am going to have to have a hard look at Edius and other options.

I changed from Premiere to Edius 3 two years ago. Now version 4.51 and I can't be happier.
Right now I editing 24p wedding, two camera shoot, big project. Work great. No sinc issues no problem at all, just smoooooth and stable. Everything realtime.
I know you will be happy. You can download the free 30 days trial version.

Laszlo

Oscar Honorio Pantoja August 15th, 2007 10:38 PM

cineform in to premiere is good for poor pcs.
a dualcore 2.13 with 2 g ram is very well to editing with premiere 2 hdv 24p native, Presets the adobe and jvc is very good.
Avi capturated whit a cineform, edit to a premiere, exported m2t for dvd = no good quality.
Is my opinion.
If yo computer is slow machine, cineform is excelent for edit hdv into premiere.

Dennis Tzeng August 16th, 2007 02:03 AM

Also with the JVC 110U I've gotten the monitoring aspect and recording to work for 24P HDV, however importing it into Premiere CS3, the video and audio are off sync.

Julian Maytum September 5th, 2007 04:41 AM

Exporting from Premiere CS3 for 100/110

Hi all,

I went for broke and picked up a quad core system that unfortunately can only run Vista (slipstreaming XP didn't even work).

I can't afford Cineform at the moment and to be honest the computer edits HDV very nicely.

I'm trying to figure out the export options for CS3 though. I tried them all and none of them seem very spectacular. I want to keep the footage as good as possible (Shot in HD 30fps seeing as CS3 no longer supports 24fps with our camera for some strange reason). Exporting to mpeg2 seems to make the most sense as these are .m2t files in the first place but when I try it seems fairly crappy.

I tried asking on the Premiere forum but no luck getting a response.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Tup Wright September 6th, 2007 07:37 PM

Try exporting to HuffYUV 2.1, (2.2 crashed windows explorer)

google it, and install it. Great, fast, lossless codec. Filesize will be fairly big. I edited a music video in 24p in cs2, is that right for cs3?

tup

Julian Maytum September 6th, 2007 07:47 PM

Thanks I will give it a try! Much appreciated! I was just doing a test render in Vegas (which funnily enough seems to have some sort of cineform built in) but I didn't relish the thought of learning another editing application.

Julian

Julian Maytum September 6th, 2007 08:08 PM

Awesome! I just tried this and while the file sizes are huge.. the output is (obviously) as good as the original.. and it works on Vista! (Which I hate but can't build a slipstream XP install for this acer quad core machine but that's another story).

Most excellent thank you! I haven't used this stuff in years :P I'm going to have to re-learn some avisynth stuff in the future too I thin!

Julian

Julian Maytum September 6th, 2007 09:26 PM

I spoke too soon.. for some reason the footage is out of sync in Prem CS3. Plays fine everywhere else; open it up and drop it on the timeline in CS3 and it's out of sync.. driving me insane!

Julian Maytum September 6th, 2007 09:38 PM

It's "only" CS3 that creates audio sync issues.. I tried vegas as well as playing the file back in windows media player and nero showtime.

All I did was import the clip directly from my hard drive, no editing, just try to play it from the timeline and it is out of sync.

*Any* suggestions would be very welcome!

Julian

Tup Wright September 6th, 2007 10:14 PM

I've had sync issues with hdv, I think premeire hates mpeg audio. I usually separate the audio and video. Here's what the wiki says:

I've found several instances where Premiere did not favor my mpeg format and I got no sound though I thought it should be OK. I ended up running those files through MpegStreamclip (free download), outputing a ts file, renaming the file to .m2t, importing into Premiere, and everything worked fine. I've also found this great for fixing those little timecode problems that Premiere can't deal with.

I've used mpegstreamclip before too and it works well. You may also try deleting the conformed audio files. This sync issue is why people use cineform.

tup

Julian Maytum September 6th, 2007 10:48 PM

Very strange, I separated the audio and video and the audio is longer (in premiere only).. it has to be a premiere cs3 hating mpeg audio as you say. I think I am going to record in quicktime to the firestore and see if that solves the problem. Something to do tomorrow now :)

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it!

Julian

Julian Maytum September 10th, 2007 08:33 AM

Editing with Premiere CS3 and Vista?

Well, I figured a quad core would make editing HDV a wonderful thing. Unfortunately I can't slipstream the Intel SATA drivers on an XP install CD for this machine so I am stuck with Vista (which imho is nowhere near ready for prime time for editing or a lot of other things for that matter).

Is there *anyone* on here who edits footage shot on the JVC (in HD) on a computer running Vista and Premiere CS3?

I have a few apps installed to try and *none* of the others have problems. Switch over to Premiere CS3 and the audio is *always* out of sync. It's beyond frustrating and unfortunately I am past the point of return for the computer as well.

Love to hear from anyone who has Premiere CS3 working with our cameras in Vista.

Julian

Julian Maytum September 10th, 2007 10:57 AM

Finally got it all sorted. I've given up on 24fps and gone to 30fps and Premiere works just fine with it. I can only *hope* that Adobe supports this at some point later on but in the meantime at least I can stop messing about with it all and get down to some editing finally.

I would go learn another application if I didn't have so much time and energy invested in Premiere but what can you do.

Sony Vegas looks *very* nice from what I have done with testing in the last couple of weeks and seems to have some sort of Cineform codec built right in!

Once I get a couple of these realtor videos out the door I can damage my credit card again and get Cineform for Premiere. Although, I have to say that Premiere handles HDV on a quad core with 3 gigs of ram no problem.. then again I suppose it should with that kind of hardware thrown at it :)

Thanks for letting me rant and rave over the last couple of weeks without commenting :P

Julian