DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/101252-jvc-pro-hd-adobe-premiere-pro.html)

Jerry Porter January 9th, 2007 12:22 PM

The trial versions won't let you record. Does quick time Pro have a live recording feature? Also how are you going to get it into the computer? The only uncompressed outputs on the 100 or 110 are the analog outs.

Joshua Clarke January 9th, 2007 01:01 PM

Daniel, I checked into DVRack last night. They say you cannot record with the demo version.

Jerry, this is exactly why I needed your help. I did not know the Firewire connection wasn't uncompressed. Thank you very much.

I played around with the camera and Premiere after I posted. It seems as though I was able to capture SD and HDV through firewire, but it didn't seem to be uncompressed. Also, I don't know if because the camera wasn't recording, there was a change in quality.

I think after some consideration and talking with my partner, we're going to attempt FC. A friend of our's says he's used d2d with success and no additional software or hardware on FC. But again, this would be through firewire and not component.

Sometimes I regret not fully pursuing film...

Paolo Ciccone January 9th, 2007 01:45 PM

Joshua.
The FW connection will give you the same result of what you record on tape. Unless you can use a card like the AJA with component input you are better off by just recording to tape and then ingest the footage traditionally.

Ken Hodson January 9th, 2007 07:44 PM

VLC videoLAN player has a stream capture function. Do a global search of all forums and see what you come up with. It's free.

Joshua Clarke January 10th, 2007 10:42 AM

Paolo, thank you. I think that's what I need to do and just hope and pray my limited abilities can carry the project.

Thank you all for your advice and help. This is a truly remarkable forum where novices like myself can get real assistance from down to earth professionals.

Alexander Kristiansen January 17th, 2007 06:55 AM

720/50p support

Which NLE supports 720/50p from JVC GY-HD201/251?

Mike Schell January 20th, 2007 09:47 PM

I don't think any NLE has CODEC support for the 720p50 / 60 CODEC. We offer an HDMI -> HD-SDI converter (HD-Connect MI) which works with all JVC tape formats

Antony Michael Wilson January 21st, 2007 07:47 AM

AFAIK, Liquid will work fine with HDV1 720p/50 and 60 even though it is not officially supported. Maybe Stephen Noe can jump in on this.

The Convergent box is fine as long as you HAVE HD SDI or HDMI ingest capability. Many HDxxx users do not.

Alexander Kristiansen January 23rd, 2007 02:46 AM

What about Adobe Premiere Pro with Cineform ASpect HD?

What about Adobe Premiere Pro with Cineform Aspect HD, does this support 50p?

Dave Carson March 25th, 2007 01:52 AM

premiere pro2 and hd110

Okay, So i filmed in 30fps, 720 output.
Trying to edit it in PP2.

I can control the camera from capture, but no picture and it keeps telling me the camera has shut off yet it hasn't.

The record in pp2 is ready to record, but nothing is ever recorded. I've spent almost 5 hours trying to do this.

Can anyone please give me a walk through...

Brian Orser April 1st, 2007 04:35 PM

DV 24p Capture - Premiere 1.5

Hey guys, I'm trying to capture some 480/24p footage shot on the HD110U into Premiere 1.5. I've gotten it to work, I guess. But I think my pixel aspect ratio is off, or something else, because the footage looks weird, and some of it wont play back correctly in Premiere or VLC.

How does one correctly capture 24p DV footage into Premiere Pro 1.5? What are the appropriate project/capture settings?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eugen Oprina April 1st, 2007 04:59 PM

You have to install Aspect HD . This solved all my problems in premiere.
Good luck
Eugen

Brian Orser April 1st, 2007 05:36 PM

Thank you Eugen. However, I thought I should be able to do SD 24p without Aspect HD. Is that incorrect?

I'll be getting Aspect HD then. Thank you.

But, is it true that one can't properly capture DV 480/24p footage with Premiere Pro 1.5.1?

Brian Orser April 1st, 2007 10:05 PM

Update:

I realize I didn't describe the problem very well. The playback of the footage is juddering, and the aspect ratio is off. It looks squashed horizontally. I can conform it in Premiere back to 16:9, but when I try exporting it, it oges back to the weird squashed aspect.

Help?

Brian Orser April 2nd, 2007 11:25 PM

Sorry, but, *Bump*

No one has any ideas? Would it help if I posted footage?