Windows Vista compatability at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Windows Vista compatability

Im wondering about updating from XP to vista, im wondering whether is it compatable with Adobe CS3, mainly photoshop, premiere, after effects.
Also are there any connection problems in regards to firewire and so on.

One more tech savy thing, I have an AMD 64 X2 dual core CPU, does this mean I should get the 64bit and if I can only get the 32bit version does it make much of a difference?

Thanks in advance.
Old September 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Major Player

I am using Vista 32bit and an AMD X2 4400+ 64bit. I personally wouldnt bother with Vista 64. All of CS3 is working fine for me so far. I have not really using the on location or green screen app yet though. Firewire has worked fine as well. I think the only reason to goto the Vista 64Bit edition is if you have 4GB+ RAM.

Last edited by Josh Chesarek; September 5th, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Incorrect Ram Info
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Adobe Production Studio CS3 is Vista compatible. You don't need Vista x64 just because you have a 64-bit capable CPU; the 32-bit version of Vista will work fine.

The main benefit of Vista x64 is in security enhancements and for computers with more than 3 GB of RAM. 32-bit operating systems normally map your system's devices, including your graphic adapter's memory, into the system's physical memory space beginning at 4 GB on down. Which means if you have a 32-bit operating system and 4 GB of RAM, you're losing the use of part of your RAM (and if you've got one of those graphics cards with 512 MB or 768 MB of video memory, you could be losing quite a bit of RAM). A 64-bit operating system removes this limitation.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; September 6th, 2007 at 08:20 AM.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite