Premiere 6.5 widescreen problem - can't get black bars, footage squeezed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Premiere 6.5 widescreen problem - can't get black bars, footage squeezed

Hi,

Yes, I know Premiere 6.5 is a blast from the past. But it's a program that I like to use, works well, many of us still use it and it's simple.

I have asked this before here and actually figured it out, but now I forgot! I'm sure someone will know how to do this (sorry, haven't checked in here for a while)..

I have some footage shot in widescreen (16x9) in 780x480 NTSC. When you export this footage it comes out at squeezed, unless I capture the video at widescreen (meaning the pixels) and I export it first at 854x480, put it back into Premiere and then render as DV 0.9 as a help file from Adobe said to do.

HOWEVER, I know I got the solution from here before. I can't remember what it was or how to do it. I did a search on all my posts here and the solutions presented don't work.

I seem to recall there may have been a 'transform' filter or something that I used? I can't remember.

So the question is, how do I take this 16x9 aspect footage, put it into premiere, and have it spit out a letterboxed 4x3 with the video content looking right?

Thanks.
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If you just want a 720x480 4x3 0.9px aspect video with 16x9 video letterboxed inside, create a new project that is 4x3, import your video in, and scale it to fit in the 4x3 timeline.
Old November 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Click in the timeline preview window and you should see the sizing handles
around the video... drag the handles for the resize.......
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite