Display Card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 21st, 2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Display Card

I hoping to learn about the best choices for display cards for my use, which is primarily Premiere Pro 2, and After Effects 7.

I was looking towards one of the PNY Quadros, maybe a FX 1700, or FX 3450. Also considered the GT 8800, or GT 8600.

After some research, I am convinced I don't know what the heck I'm doing. It is unclear to me what resources are needed, and which are not required for my uses.... and perhaps, Premiere and AE have very different requirements?

I would like to upgrade from my Matrox APVE. I don't use an analog preview... I get by with a pair of DVI connected LCD monitors. So component or any other video output is not needed. I want something that handles my onscreen needs (1440 x 960 for each monitor), can keep up with my Cineform based HDV playback/editing, and perhaps give my AE stuff a boost.

My system is on the "elderly" side... an AW8-MAX motherboard from A-Bit, with a hyper-thread 3.4 gb processor, and 2gb of RAM.

Could sure use some guidance.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite