DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   AspectHD and Premiere Pro question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109499-aspecthd-premiere-pro-question.html)

Thaddeus Sylvester December 4th, 2007 01:03 PM

AspectHD and Premiere Pro question

Hi, my question is: will [AspectHD Version 4.1.1 Build 59 for Premiere Pro 2.x] work with Elements in Premiere Pro CS3. If not, what is the highest version of Elements/Premiere Pro it's compatible for?

Carl Middleton December 4th, 2007 01:10 PM

Can't you just upgrade to the newest version of AHD?

C

Thaddeus Sylvester December 4th, 2007 01:20 PM

Well, i'm not looking to spend money upgrading. I'm not going to be doing any major productions or anything, just want to know what the highest version of Elements I can use with that Version of AHD. I'm on a tight budget and don't mind using a lower version of Elements.

Mike McCarthy December 4th, 2007 04:20 PM

I could be wrong, but I was definitely unaware of AspectHD being compatible with Premiere Elements at all.

Thaddeus Sylvester December 4th, 2007 08:43 PM

Meaning Premiere Pro. any clarification? I just want to get the right software to edit HD with that software since I already have it.(actually my cousin's) bought it a while ago and never used it. Now we want to edit our tapes of HD but don't know what software to purchase. CineForm's site said AspectHD is for Premiere Pro. We just want to know what version will 4.1.1 work with. Or what program to use to capture and edit wth.
A little help please.

Carl Middleton December 4th, 2007 11:01 PM

Thaddeus,

I use AspectHD v5 with PPro 2.0, extremely happy with it. I'm not sure what filters and upgrades are included, I never used v4, but the experience is excellent. I highly recommend it if you are on a windows platform.

Even if there's no acceleration through Premiere Elements, you would still be able to edit with the great results you get using the Cineform codec. That seems to satisfy quite a few users of Vegas, who also don't get realtime plugins.

It might be worth a shot to try with what you already have, see if it works for you, and then decide how much you want to invest and why, as you run into workflow issues or up against needing pro features.

C

Thaddeus Sylvester December 4th, 2007 11:29 PM

Carl, after researching I'm sure that v4 works with PPro2. The question now is will i work in CS3. I guess once you have the intermediate codec it should work there too. Not sure, maybe one of the CineForm guys knows the answer. If not i'll get PPro2 i guess.

Graham Hickling December 4th, 2007 11:43 PM

AHD Version 4 works fine in CS3, and certainly in PPro2. There are some issues using it in the latest Adobe After Effects, although not insurmountable.

(I'm confused by the "elements" part of the thread....)

Thaddeus Sylvester December 4th, 2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 787473)
AHD Version 4 works fine in CS3, and certainly in PPro2. There are some issues using it in the latest Adobe After Effects, although not insurmountable.

(I'm confused by the "elements" part of the thread....)

Thanks for the clarification. And don't be confused about the "elements" . My noob mistake...I understand now.