AspectHD and Premiere Pro question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #1
New Boot

AspectHD and Premiere Pro question

Hi, my question is: will [AspectHD Version 4.1.1 Build 59 for Premiere Pro 2.x] work with Elements in Premiere Pro CS3. If not, what is the highest version of Elements/Premiere Pro it's compatible for?
Thaddeus Sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Can't you just upgrade to the newest version of AHD?

C
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #3
New Boot

Well, i'm not looking to spend money upgrading. I'm not going to be doing any major productions or anything, just want to know what the highest version of Elements I can use with that Version of AHD. I'm on a tight budget and don't mind using a lower version of Elements.
Old December 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Major Player

I could be wrong, but I was definitely unaware of AspectHD being compatible with Premiere Elements at all.
Old December 4th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #5
New Boot

Meaning Premiere Pro. any clarification? I just want to get the right software to edit HD with that software since I already have it.(actually my cousin's) bought it a while ago and never used it. Now we want to edit our tapes of HD but don't know what software to purchase. CineForm's site said AspectHD is for Premiere Pro. We just want to know what version will 4.1.1 work with. Or what program to use to capture and edit wth.
A little help please.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #6
Major Player

Thaddeus,

I use AspectHD v5 with PPro 2.0, extremely happy with it. I'm not sure what filters and upgrades are included, I never used v4, but the experience is excellent. I highly recommend it if you are on a windows platform.

Even if there's no acceleration through Premiere Elements, you would still be able to edit with the great results you get using the Cineform codec. That seems to satisfy quite a few users of Vegas, who also don't get realtime plugins.

It might be worth a shot to try with what you already have, see if it works for you, and then decide how much you want to invest and why, as you run into workflow issues or up against needing pro features.

C
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #7
New Boot

Carl, after researching I'm sure that v4 works with PPro2. The question now is will i work in CS3. I guess once you have the intermediate codec it should work there too. Not sure, maybe one of the CineForm guys knows the answer. If not i'll get PPro2 i guess.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #8
Trustee

AHD Version 4 works fine in CS3, and certainly in PPro2. There are some issues using it in the latest Adobe After Effects, although not insurmountable.

(I'm confused by the "elements" part of the thread....)
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
AHD Version 4 works fine in CS3, and certainly in PPro2. There are some issues using it in the latest Adobe After Effects, although not insurmountable.

(I'm confused by the "elements" part of the thread....)
Thanks for the clarification. And don't be confused about the "elements" . My noob mistake...I understand now.
Thaddeus Sylvester is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite