DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS2 Still Available? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/111055-cs2-still-available.html)

James Orlowski December 27th, 2007 02:47 PM

CS2 Still Available?

We have several CS2 Production Bundle workstations here, and are looking to add another station.

But, we're not ready as a company to invest the time to upgrade all our CS2 stations to CS3 (CS2 works well now, we don't have the desire to upgrade just yet). So I was wondering if you think Adobe will still sell a seat for the CS2 Production Bundle, or do they totally discontinue older versions once an upgrade is launched?

Thoughts?

Ray Bell December 27th, 2007 03:12 PM

might check with Ebay... or ask some of the computer stores to see if
any have some older stock...

James Orlowski December 28th, 2007 06:35 AM

Thanks. I think I may have found an outlet that is still selling CS2. But it's the UPGRADE edition.

Anyone know/remember what the requirements are for UPGRADING to CS2? What apps/serials are needed for this upgrade to install?

We have a bunch of old Adobe software lying around that we no longer use, like Encore 1.0, Premiere 1.0, Premiere 6.5, After Effects 6.0, Photoshop 7.0, but we never had the full former suite (CS1).

Do you think one or more of those above apps' serial numbers would allow me to install this UPGRADE of CS2?

Mike Teutsch December 28th, 2007 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Orlowski (Post 799191)
Thanks. I think I may have found an outlet that is still selling CS2. But it's the UPGRADE edition.

Anyone know/remember what the requirements are for UPGRADING to CS2? What apps/serials are needed for this upgrade to install?

We have a bunch of old Adobe software lying around that we no longer use, like Encore 1.0, Premiere 1.0, Premiere 6.5, After Effects 6.0, Photoshop 7.0, but we never had the full former suite (CS1).

Do you think one or more of those above apps' serial numbers would allow me to install this UPGRADE of CS2?

James,

You may want to call around to some of the retailers who resell for Adobe. I met one at NAB two years ago and they were able to get me into CS2 as an upgrade. I did not have the previous suite of programs, but was like you and had many of the various applications. The guy said that Adobe was open to making deals to accept upgrades. A month or so after NAB, he contacted me and asked what programs I had and I emailed him the list. He contacted Adobe and made the deal. I was able to get CS2 at the upgrade price, about $650.00. I then upgraded to CS3 about 6 months ago and love it too!

You might even want to call Adobe directly and talk to a representative also. It is in Adobe bets interest to bring as many people into owning the full suites as they tend to be the ones to upgrade to the next suite when it comes out. You do not want to buy an upgrade package if you don't have the previous, as it will not work.

If they allow you to upgrade to CS3, it will cost about $750.00, which is a big savings and this package has everything.

Best of luck------Mike