Premier Pro introducing bad frames into video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 10th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Major Player

Premier Pro introducing bad frames into video?

I discussed this issue in another thread but I am not getting much in the way of a response, so I thought I would try here since this may be a Premier Pro problem, anyway. I received a tape from a friend that was shot on a V1U and edited in Liquid 6.1 (I think). The tape played perfectly into a 50" plasma. The Blu Ray disc off of the tape played perfectly out of a Playstation into the 50" plasma. But I thought the project could have used some additional editing and volunteered to play with it a little. Using my V1U, I digitized the HDV video tape into my Premier Pro 2.0. At a couple of points during the program, I found what seemed to be bad disolves. Flash frames and blocky drop out looking frames, etc during the transisitions. He insisted that the program did not contain any problems. But in an attempt to discover what the problem was, he took the original tape and didgitized it into his Premier Pro 2.0 system. He found exactly the same problems. He then digitized the original HDV tape back into Liquid. A frame by frame check in Liquid revealed absolutely no problems at all. It would seem like Premier Pro is creating these identical issues on 2 different systems. What gives?

He has experienced problems with Liquid not rendering which he feels is an issue with his practice of using multiple external drives for the media (he often swaps them around in various ports) and he feels it is not really a Liquid problem.

Here is the original thread with some additional information.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=111996

We are obviously concerned with putting out a product that may have problems during playback and need some help.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

i would not say premiere is creating the probleme, but more revealing the problem that the other software is able to correct or ignore.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Why not try to isolate the problem by using another software? Capture the tape using for example HDV Split, then watch it on a media player. I don't see how/why PPRO would create these problems. If there are dropped frames, then yes, PPRO might have issues putting back together the I-frames, but that's not really PPRO's problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite