Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 and video monitor question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 and video monitor question

Hi All,

Please help in setting up video monitor on Premiere Pro 2.0 with Matrox RT.X2.
I have system installed with breakout box and one 24 inch monitor attached to separate Quadro FX4500 display card. Now I need to connect Samsung 32" LCD TV ( HD ready) for monitoring video output. How can I connect this LCD TV to breakout box ( which has component output) or to Matrox RT.X2 card which has also DVI port. I need to monitor how my video will look on real TV screen not as on computer monitor. Please advice?

With
Best
Sulev
Sulev Sepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #2
Major Player

Unless you TV supports 1080p via HDMI, which may be able to use the DVI out, you should just use regular component HD to connect it.
Old January 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulev Sepp View Post
I need to connect Samsung 32" LCD TV ( HD ready) for monitoring video output. How can I connect this LCD TV to breakout box ( which has component output) or to Matrox RT.X2 card which has also DVI port. I need to monitor how my video will look on real TV screen not as on computer monitor. Please advice?
You mentioned what the output is but not what your input is... Tell me what your outputs are and I'll let you know what you can do...
Themis Gyparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes, either the DVI if your LCD has a DVI input, use the dvi on the back of the card, or use the component out on the break out box to be back of the LCD. Its actually quite simple to be honest. But your LCD TV will determine which way is the best to connect it. The DVI is going to be probably your best bet depending on what you will be editing(if HDV then definately DVI if you have it on the TV).

You simply if going to use component, connect the red,green and blue on the output of the BOB along with audio out to the tele if you wish..
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #5
New Boot

Thank You all for feedback!
I connected my LCD TV via DVI-HDMI cable ( from RT.X2 DVI output to LCD TV HDMI port). No signal on LCD TV. What settings I should use in Premiere Pro 2.0 to get picture on LCD TV ? I have installed Matrox Tools in computer and I see Matrox capture and Effects in Premiere 2.0. I have not in Playback settings nothing about Matrox Card or other playback possibilities.
I tried also via breakout box component out to LCD TV component. There is not signal either.

Sulev
Sulev Sepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:06 PM   #6
Major Player

The DVI from the RTx2 may not work into a standard HD TV, because I believe the resolution for that port is hard set to 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080. It is designed to be connected to a computer monitor, which all run 16x10 with the extra 120 vertical pixels.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM   #7
Major Player

If you have connected out to component, you have to set it in the playback settings. You have sto specify the component or dvi output. You go to Project, Project settings, General, Playback Settings, video output. Once your there, you would select the master output format. For me, since I use 1080 projects, I either select the NTSC or 1080i@29.97. The 1080 is for the dvi and the NTSC is for the breakout box. The next thing you need to setup if your going to use component, svid or composite is the Analog Output Type. You would then select component if you want component.

I haven't connected via the dvi in a long time, but if I remember correctly, once you select the 1080i in the Master Output, that will automatically switch on your DVI. And for my little LCD's since they are analog, I connected to a DVI to VGA adapter and once I switched it, it put the video output on the LCD.

Hopefully this helps, but you need to use your manual as your setup may be a bit different..
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite