PPRO 2.0 other hardware then mouse :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PPRO 2.0 other hardware then mouse :)

Hey Guys,

Ive been using PPRO 2.0 for a good little while now and i'll ive ever used is mouse. im really starting to heavily work on projects where i need to speed up my workflow and avoid giving myself RSI.

have you got any tips or are there any pieces of hardware that i can use to help dpeed up my work flow and possibly reduce the use of the mouse.

any help would be great and links also.

Thanks

Liam
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Liam
May sound like an obvious thing, but have you learned the shortcut keys - i tend to have one hand on the mouse and the other over the keyboard using the shortcuts - V for pointer, c for razor etc.. I found a Premiere keyboard with coloured keys is a worthwhile investment - got one on both my suites P6.5 and PP CS3
Sorry if I've stated the obvious!!!!
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Not sure if I know what you are asking but here goes.

I use one of these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Pro_2_NLE.html

Great little USB device.

The other option is to learn the keyboard shortcuts and use them.
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Risdon View Post
Hi Liam
May sound like an obvious thing, but have you learned the shortcut keys - i tend to have one hand on the mouse and the other over the keyboard using the shortcuts - V for pointer, c for razor etc.. I found a Premiere keyboard with coloured keys is a worthwhile investment - got one on both my suites P6.5 and PP CS3
Sorry if I've stated the obvious!!!!
Hi Graham,

Yeah ive been using the shortcuts for a little while now but sometimes forget to use them! to be honest i think i may be underestimating them and looking for a lazy alternative as usual :)

Im sure i can print off a list of the shortcuts? going to have a look and if so i'll get them learnt! always better to start than never :) Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
Not sure if I know what you are asking but here goes.

I use one of these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Pro_2_NLE.html

Great little USB device.

The other option is to learn the keyboard shortcuts and use them.
Yeah something a long the lines of this, im sure i have seen other bits of hardware like this but not sure what you would class them as....

oh so as i see they are

Keyboard & Control Devices - Mac

i should really look sometimes. going to check this site as well and see what else can be had!

Cheers

Liam :)
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Trustee

wacom tablet. once you get the hang of it, you'll give up mousing for good. just use mouse mode on the tablet.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #6
Major Player

2-handed editing.

I use CS2 and both the mouse for my right hand and a ShuttlePro2 for my left hand. While the default settings for the Shuttlepro in use with PPro 2 generally control footage, i.e. play/stop, fast forward (at multiple speeds), advance 1 frame, rewind, reverse 1 frame, pause, a jog control, etc., it works in (I think) any PPro panel, and can also be configured with other settings of your choice, and, in fact, comes with some settings already made for more of the CS2 suite. While being partially ambidexterous helps, it takes only a little getting used to, though it may not be for everyone.

Denis
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite