PP & AE: Dynamic link in the other direction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 13th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #1
Major Player

PP & AE: Dynamic link in the other direction

I wonder how other people deal with synching AE elements so that they appear at the right time on the premiere timeline. For me it's markers all the way.

I do a lot of green screen people talking over background titles. The titles need to synch to what the people are saying. My best workflow so far has been to create black videos in premiere and add loads of markers to indicate when a background title should start/stop. Then copy/paste that black video into AE and start working on the titles. Finally I import the AE comp as a dynamic linked comp into premiere to playback and check that everything is timed correctly.

The downside to this workflow is that when i finally playback the video with the person and titles together, I often see lots of places where the titles need to be on screen longer. So I adjust the edit in Premiere and then have to copy/paste the new markers into AE.

For me, the fastest workflow i can imagine would be if there were a way to import a premiere sequence into AE as a dynamically linked comp. That way, I could adjust the sequence markers in Premiere, when i make changes to the edit, and AE would always show me correct markers so that i could quickly synch everything back up in there too.
Brian Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #2
Major Player

You can just copy part of a sequence from Premiere and paste it right into the After Effects. Instead of markers you can use a few frames of transparent video on a layer above. Then it would be easy to transfer to AE - just copy and paste.

Just a thought.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite