DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   audio and video sync (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/117533-audio-video-sync.html)

Jay Legere March 21st, 2008 10:16 PM

audio and video sync

Hi,

I captured some footage the other day and the audio and video fail to match up.

It appears as though they slip away from one another as the clips get longer. The longer the clip the more pronounced the sync issue gets.

Anyone familiar with this problem with Premiere pro cs3?

By the way, the footage was shot with the xh-a1, 24f hdv. It was also captured with the corresponding preset available on adobe's website. (ppcs2 preset)

Thanks

Jay

Taky Cheung March 22nd, 2008 03:38 AM

It's all Premiere CS3's fault to conform audio badly. If there's a drop in the video, it will start to loose sync. There are ways to avoid that. Capture with HDVSplit. Or use conversion program such as SUPER to grab the audio out from the .mpeg file. THen import back to premeie and relink to the video. It's dumb but I don't know other better method.

Ger Griffin March 23rd, 2008 09:48 AM

i was having that problem with pp2 and hdv footage. although sd footage was fine.
Was this for the same reason? I thought maybe it was RAM related.

John Hewat March 24th, 2008 09:39 AM

Does HDV Split allow you to capture an entire hour long tape without having the audio troubles?

I hate this problem and am desperate to avoid it.

If I can capture an uninterrupted hour of DV & HDV footage with HDV Split then I will try to use it instead.

Ger Griffin March 24th, 2008 10:11 AM

HDVSplit doesn't change anything, i tried it.

Im currently not editing HDV because of this problem.

Jay Legere March 25th, 2008 07:02 PM

ouch

I haven't had the chance to try HDVsplit yet. But if HDV has trouble with PP3 too than I may end up regretting purchasing such a pricey "professional" program!

I assume the best thing to do is monitor while I capture, if there is a drop-out than have to stop and start again from that point.

Anyone else suffering with this problem?

I woner if Adobe would be willing to refund because of this issue?

John Stakes May 19th, 2008 10:28 AM

I was about to create a post on this. I am experiencing sync issues shooting in SD! It seems Premiere is a very touchy program and that things must be done in a very specific way. I began working with Premiere to avoid purchasing a new home computer (Mac) as I edit on a Mac at the studio, and fancied the idea of being able to do some projects at home. When the funds are available, I will be purchasing a new Mac for home!

Sorry if that info was not helpful, just thought I would let you know you are not the only one. For now, I correct the sync issues manually.

-JS

Taky Cheung May 19th, 2008 10:57 AM

I think the Premiere 3.2 update fixed the audio unsync issue.

Tripp Woelfel May 19th, 2008 06:14 PM

Syncing audio and video has been a pox on NLEs for me since I started working with Premiere 1.x on a Quadra 950. You'd think that in over a decade someone would have wrestled this problem to the ground. That said, I've not had a sync problem with native HDV captured both with HDVSplit and PP 3.x, on three different machines. Luck 'o the Irish, maybe.

PP 3.2 might be better at handling corner case sync issues than previous versions, but it sounds like a system problem. If you have a computer that you'll use semi-exclusively for editing, you might want to reload the OS and build the HW and SW components very carefully. If you don't have a machine like that, you might want to consider it. It's good to muster all available computer resources to handle the heavy workload imposed by HD video.

Jon Shohet May 20th, 2008 01:15 AM

I have several hdv tapes I captured using PP3 before I had discovered HDV Split. They were all playing fine in Media Player, but losing synch in PP at about the middle of the video.
After installin the 3.2 update, the synch problems were gone :)