Lacrosse Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 14th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lacrosse Video

Hey all.
I'm in the process of doing a Girl lacrosse championship game DVD. I ran a Canon XL2 for a wide shot of the entire and a small Handycam on the sideline but that fell through after the first half.

Regardless, I'm editing on the entire Production Suite, with Premiere Pro as my main editing program. I'm trying to think of some fun things I can do with the video, maybe some stuff in After Effects for an introduction that highlights some of the key parts of the game... Here is a link to the small trailer I made for the team's website. (Sorry for the awful quality...way too much compression)

http://goodcounsellacrosse.com/video...76A2B22DBBA592

Any ideas? I've got interviews with the players/coaches after they won the game, some cookout stuff, some practices.

I just would like everyone getting the DVD something worth their 20 dollars a copy, rather than just a wide shot of the entire game for an hour.

I'm also running Encore so I'd like to make some cool intros for the DVD menu.

Your help is appreciated!

Last edited by Andrew Hoag; May 14th, 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Link changed
Andrew Hoag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #2
Major Player

You can definitely cut in some funny bits from the interviews. Use some motion graphics to bridge the shots, such as players' names or generic text (Action! Excitement! you get the idea :). You can even design some bumpers like they have on Sports TV channels (that 2-3 sec long graphics that divide the sequences)

Avoid using those LOONG "Dip to white" transitions, they might look better if only 5-7 frames long. Also, make your shots shorter (faster) in this intro. In the game itself, longer shots are better, so the audience knows what's happening. You can even play with color correction, just DON'T use the cheesy Old film effect, it's way overused in inappropriate places.

Hope this helps.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #3
Major Player

did some Lacrosse for the first time this year, man its hard to tract that ball ;)

Try to fit as much as you can on there. Make a menu that makes it easy to jump around the game and include a small highlights video of the game. I took the easy way out and just included a video of all the goals.
Only "special" thing I did was got a picture of a Lax stick, cut it out, a ball, put the school logo on the ball, and made a transition out of it.

You can see the goal highlights from games online @ my web site.

http://www.simplethoughtproductions....l-2008-defeat/

It was the colleges first year of LAX. so it wasnt pretty all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
You can definitely cut in some funny bits from the interviews. Use some motion graphics to bridge the shots, such as players' names or generic text (Action! Excitement! you get the idea :). You can even design some bumpers like they have on Sports TV channels (that 2-3 sec long graphics that divide the sequences)

Avoid using those LOONG "Dip to white" transitions, they might look better if only 5-7 frames long. Also, make your shots shorter (faster) in this intro. In the game itself, longer shots are better, so the audience knows what's happening. You can even play with color correction, just DON'T use the cheesy Old film effect, it's way overused in inappropriate places.

Hope this helps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite