Premiere CS3 thinks videos are offline and cant edit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 11th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 thinks videos are offline and cant edit

Hi,

I have a problem in Adobe Premier CS3 I haven't been able to solve at the moment. I would like to know if anyone has crashed against the same issue.

A partner has edited a video on his computer and once done I tried to open his project in mine. When the project is opened the source video window seems to be fine but the program video window shows the video offline. The timeline shows the different video parts with the correct frames; however, I am unable to edit since the program video window shows "media offline" and doesn't refresh and it doesn't show any of the videos.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:43 AM   #2
Trustee

Just make sure that your drives have the same letters and the same directory structure as on the other machine.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello,

We take care of that, we edit using external hard drives and when we open a project Premiere ask us where are all the files to relink them, we do this all the time with no problems (we have a name and ubication protocol to put all the stuff in the same places) and this is the first time, we can see the clips all over premiere (previews, source monitor, timeline), except for the program monitor and we cant edit, I exported to see if it exported right, but no luck the video came as "media offline", so of course we cant edit. We also tried to make a new project and import the whole old project into it, but the same happend.

There must be a way to solve this, right???
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Major Player

My PP CS3 just had the same problem. A search turned up this old thread. I had been editing for while, so I thought I would just shut down CS3 and reboot the computer. All the media is on an internal 1 TB drive. When I re-opened the project, the program monitor showed "media off-line". But all of the media is viewable in the source monitor. I played around with the sequence and I discovered that I could right click on a clip and select "Speed/Duration" and then just click OK then the media would show up normally. So I did that for all 200+ clips in this 1 hour program. Everything seemed normal. I closed CS3 and re-opened it. "Media off-line" again. Doooh. My next solution was to open a new sequence and copy everything from the original sequence to the new sequence. It was displaying "media off-line" in the original sequence when I copied it all. When I opened the new sequence, everything was there. I closed down CS3, again. When I opened it back up, the new sequence was fine the original was still fudged up. Anyone have any idea what I might have done so I can avoid doing it again?
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite