Weird Encore Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Weird Encore Problem

I have a project in Encore CS3. In it, I have a menu, sub menu with chapters and several clips exported from PP that has chapter marks (CS3)

In the flowchart on Encore I go to link a submenu chapter to a chapter point in a clip. The problem there are no chapter points from any of the clips, just of the two menus.

When I open the clips on Encore's Timeline, the chapter points are displayed.

Any of you have had this problem in the past? What did u do?

Thank you.
Andre Tira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Chapter points are to be linked to menu or sum-menu buttons. The flowchart is used to link timelines to the buttons. Open your menues on the left and the flow chart and just link with the pick-whip.

Easiest to make each separate video section a timeline and link to them that way. In the timeline you can link the chapter point to the button, in order to get the image or to animate the buttons.

Anyway it works for me and is easy that way. Just did it yesterday.

Mike
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Tira View Post
I have a project in Encore CS3. In it, I have a menu, sub menu with chapters and several clips exported from PP that has chapter marks (CS3)

In the flowchart on Encore I go to link a submenu chapter to a chapter point in a clip. The problem there are no chapter points from any of the clips, just of the two menus.

When I open the clips on Encore's Timeline, the chapter points are displayed.

Any of you have had this problem in the past? What did u do?

Thank you.
Also, did you export the videos as MPEG2's or just as videos. I believe that the chapter points are only retained by exporting as MPG2'S. It works for me anyway.

Mike
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Mike for your input. The video was mpeg 2. I was messing around with it today and when i re-imported it, the chapter points came up. So its all good now.

Thanks again.
Andre Tira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite