Questions about downconverting HD to SD. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 17th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Major Player

Questions about downconverting HD to SD.

I have PP2 and cineform prospect. I've not found a great way to down rez HD to SD. Would purchasing PP4 make a difference in down rezzing?

If so can I take completed PP2 projects and import them into PP4 and down rez without issues?

Would greatly appreciate all comments, questions and thoughts.
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Trustee

I shouldn't think you'd have any problem, save the status of Cineform support for CS4. AspectHD will not be upgraded for CS4 support and is going end of life. If you're using one of the other Cineform products, a quick trip to the Cineform Web site should tell you the status of their support for CS4.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi
I am wondering How does work the downscaling in Prospeck using Xena?
In OSX there is the kona control panel that allow you to setup all the input and output resolution for SDI and Analog...
So, how does it work using prospect and xena?

thanks
Gabriele Turchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Major Player

If you are just trying to export a downconverted version, these steps may help you accomplish that in After Effects:
High Definition for PC Downconverting High Definition to DVD
(Most of the same steps would apply to creating a 720x486 version for later SD-SDI output, if that is what you need, just don't encode to MPEG2.)

For live downconversion from the Xena Output, I have a utility from an older set of AJA drivers, that allows you to control the downconvert settings of the SDI1, SDI2, and analog outputs from a Xena HD/HS/LH card on a system using Cineform's OEM AJA drivers. This used to be part of the regular driver install, and I do not know why they stopped including it. If anyone has a Xena card who needs that functionality from Prospect, just let me know.
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Mike,
It seems the application that you are talking about is what i meant...

i am going to test the system very soon so please can you send me (upload or by email..)that utility?Or send me a link where i can find that?

Thanks

PS:whitouth that app , how cineform aja drivers could do the downconversion overSDI and Analog?

G
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Major Player

Here is a copy:
http://www.hd4pc.com/files/ControlPanel.zip
It is just a single executable file, that requires an AJA card be installed to even run it. Executing it adds an icon to the notification area at the lower right. Double click on that to access the controls utility. The last tab in that window is where you set the downconversion settings. If you use the Xena card alot, you can put this .exe in your startup menu, so it will always be available in the corner.
Let me know if it works for you. It has been a few versions since I used the downconvert functionality with Prospect.
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

To the original question. Premiere has an issue when downscaling HD to SD (whatever tools you use,) here my blog post on who to solve it CineForm Insider: Mastering 24p DVDs from HD using Premiere Pro..
Old December 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks!!!

I'll let you know

g
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Major Player

I found the investment in TEMPGenc very worthwhile. ($99 when I bought it)

I frameserve from the Premiere timeline with DebugMode to TEMPGenc express4 and resize with its Lancosz3 (sp?) filter. Very happy.

You can output pretty much what ever you need, but I output files to use directly in Encore.
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite