Batch Capture with XH-A1 in CS4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Batch Capture with XH-A1 in CS4?

I am currently using my XH-A1 with PP2 on a PC. Batch Capture is not supported in PP2 when using the XH-A1 and I am missing it more and more as I work on my short film projects.

Currently my workflow is; Capture entire tape with PP2. Wade through hours of useless footage while editing. Once I get a locked edit I bring the video into AE to apply all the CC and effects.

My question is; does CS4 support Batch Capture with the XH-A1? If it does not, is there a workaround that would allow me to Batch Capture with another program?

EDIT: I should also note that ALL my film projects are shot in 24F.

Last edited by Kevin Amundson; January 27th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.
Kevin Amundson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Kevin, I use CineForm Prospect HD in CS3. When using thier software I'm able to capture with scene detection enabled.
Roger Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Wilson View Post
Kevin, I use CineForm Prospect HD in CS3. When using thier software I'm able to capture with scene detection enabled.
Was this using an XH-A1? Do you know if it works with 24F?
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Aspect HD has scene detection when using 24F from the Canon cameras. But might I suggest using HDVsplit. It's free, and it has scene detection and preview.

HDVSplit utility for HDV capturing with scene split - HDV capture utility
Kevin Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dorsey View Post
Aspect HD has scene detection when using 24F from the Canon cameras. But might I suggest using HDVsplit. It's free, and it has scene detection and preview.

HDVSplit utility for HDV capturing with scene split - HDV capture utility
I've downloaded and used HDVSplit before, but I wasn't aware that it had scene detection. I will check into this.
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Well look at that! It says right on the download page that it will scene split by timestamp.

I see that you can also split files that have already been captured. I tried to test this, but it seems that it will only split .m2t files & all I have is .mpeg files from premiere. I thought .m2t & .mpeg were pretty much the same thing, but I guess not. I will try splitting while capturing in a bit and report back on my findings.
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks for your input Roger & Kevin. I tested out some 60i and 24f footage and scene splitting worked great. Plus I could preview the footage as well.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite