Encoding with CS4/Encoder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 26th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #1
Trustee

Encoding with CS4/Encoder

Hi guys

I've recently moved to CS4 from PP2 and having problems with encoding.

Basically whatever I do to the quality settings the outputted file is of low quality. This seems to happen whatever co-dec and file type I use. .movs (H264) (Sorenson3) avi's, whatever - I whack the quality up to 100 but the resulting video is much like it would have been out of PP2 set to a quality of 20 (blocking/artifacting etc)

Is there something really obvious I'm missing here ?
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Trustee

There is a bug in AE, that it doesn't pick up the bitrate you set when you do your output setup in Premiere...it defaults back to 1000 (mbps or what, I forget) and you have to set it again manually in Encoder. Maybe this is the problem? / Battle Vaughan /miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Battle

You are correct it seems! Re-set the bit rate from the encoder and voila ! Why to I get the continued feeling that CS4 has been released at beta....anyway, thats a postive work around so many thanks.

Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Trustee

Quite right, the Ftp transmit feature doesn't work as far as I can tell (I can ftp just fine from my browser and an ftp client with the exact same setup, AE can't connect no matter what). The bitrate bug and an total reluctance to let me designate the output file I want rather than some odd default that was the first output I ever did that got locked into the program some way, make me suspect you're correct. And the much vaunted voice-to-text function in PP and Soundbooth? Try it sometime, it is good for a laugh but not much more. Adobe, wake up! My two cents. Well, more like $1200. Cheers! / B. Vaughan
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite