Adobe Encore and Setting Audio Tracks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Encore and Setting Audio Tracks

I have an Adobe Encore project which consists of a single video track and 2 audio tracks.

Audio track #1 is a mix of music and voice over. This is the default track.
Audio track #2 is music only, no voice over.

I have 4 buttons on my MAIN menu:
Button #1: Plays the video (Linked to MainMovie, No Change in Audio)
Button #2: Voice Over ON (Linked back to Button #1, Sets Audio to track #1)
Button #3: Voice Over OFF (Linked back to Button #1, Sets Audio to track #2)
Button #4: Chapters (Linked to Chapter List menu)

The Chapter List menu has 4 buttons on it, one for each chapter in the movie. Each button is linked to the corresponding chapter and does not change the audio.

When I preview the project, if I click on "Voice Over ON", and then play the movie, I get the movie with voice over. Good!

Similarly, when I preview the project, if I click on "Voice Over OFF", and then play the movie, I get the movie without voice over. Good!

If I click on "Voice Over ON", click on the Chapters button, then select a chapter from the sub-menu, the audio ALWAYS defaults to track #2 (no voice over).

I want the "Voice Over" buttons to set the audio track globally so that if the voice over track is selected, it'll stay on when I go to the chapter menu, and if it's turned off, it'll stay off. Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks,

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Bump.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Julian
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Julian:

It looks like you're not getting much help here. I'm sure the contributors are a lot like me and not that versed in Encore's advanced features and settings.

You might try the fine folks over at Wrigley Forums to see if they can help you out. One of the guys that posts on there has even written a book on Encore. Navigate to the Encore-specific sub-forum. Curt Wrigley is a great, stand-up guy and runs a nice forum for Adobe-specific software there. He regularly sends people here to dvinfo, so hopefully there's no issues with me linking you to them.

Wrigley Video Productions Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Good luck,
Brian
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Brian,

I'll give it a whirl over there.

Let me know how that jib is working for you. I'm still quite jealous! :-)

Julian
Old March 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Solved!

I found the solution, thanks to a suggestion of Wrigley, that I upload a screenshot of the Encore flowchart. I've never really looked at the flowchart before, thinking it was really just a cool gimmick, but in this case, it immediately showed where my error was. When I cobbled this page together, I copied the button for the Chapters List menu from an earlier version. This button linked to the chapter list menu, but had Audio Track #2 set. So, each chapter played with auido track #2 because each individual chapter's audio was set to "No Change"!

The "before" screenshot is shown below.

Julian
Attached Thumbnails
Adobe Encore and Setting Audio Tracks-09-encore-flowchart.jpg  
Julian Frost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite