Urgent help needed :o( - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:22 PM   #16
Regular Crew

I give up.

I have tried all what you guys have suggested, and I appreciate it.

I still don't get any audio. :o(

Back to basics with Premiere pro2
Wayne Greensill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM   #17
Major Player

Wayne,

Stay away from the Matrox RT.X2 and CS4 for now. It’s not ready for prime time yet, especially if you have been working in CS3 and Blu-Ray. There is no support for accelerated media encoding or Blu-Ray/264 export. Why they are selling it bundled together and touting accelerated media encoding escapes me unless they are single-handedly trying to raise the suicide rate of video editors.

If you really want to waste a couple hours of your life, go to the Matrox web site and forums and gather the information you need to make a successful update/install. From setting up Internet Explorer correctly so you can download additional hours of updates, to the installation order requirements, system configuration requirements and oh by the way you really shouldn’t have installed the WHOLE production premium suite. So now you have to remove everything and you really should install your operating system again because removing everything is quite tricky…..It can make a Mensa member go weak in the knees.

To set the record straight I am very attached to the Matrox workflow. Once you have real time capture and effects and all the other Matrox benefits, working any other way seem inefficient. And running CS4 without the Matrox card will only hasten your retreat back to CS3.

Hopefully in the not too distant future the Matrox updates will give us the features we have currently in CS3. Until then like so many others on here, my CS4 suite will be on the shelf.

Dave

Last edited by David Chilson; April 3rd, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
David Chilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite