Exporting Movie to Digital Photo Frame! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 7th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Exporting Movie to Digital Photo Frame!

As an impulse buy, I bought a Panimage 10" digital photo frame from Costco. It has an 800x600 pixel screen and supposedly supports AVI movies in Motion JPEG format (from point and shoot digital cameras). Of course, this thing is made in China, there's no information on the video format(s) it supports, and there's no technical support available.

I've tried using Adobe Premier CS3 to export a short, 7 second clip in various formats, but the photo frame just tells me the videos are in an unsupported format. So far, I've tried:

Windows AVI - Motion JPEG
QuickTime - JPEG 2000, JPEG-A, JPEG-B, Photo JPEG

...all at 720x480 - which I know may be a little too high res.

I know it's a long shot, and I'm really just experimenting because I'm at home off work for a couple of months due to knee surgery, but does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? Has anyone successfully edited videos in Premier and output them to a photo frame?

Julian
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Trustee

Dunno off the top. You might try recording something with your phone camera and see if that works. If it does, dump the clip into your computer and dissect it to see what's in there.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Trustee

Julian,

On a similar photo frame, but a different brand, the only format I got to work to a certain extent was MPEG1. However the encoding quality was very mediocre (some might say bad) because if the bitrate was too high, playback stuttered enormously. It was a process of trial and error. Hope this helps.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite