Unsynced Audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 18th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Unsynced Audio

First post in a long while...however I've encountered some pretty annoying issues with PPro CS3.

I've captured three hours of footage from a wedding that I didn't shoot, but was contracted to edit. It's shot 4:3 in 60i with 16 bit audio. After capturing, the video played flawlessly in Windows Media Player (no audio issues.)

Once I brought it into PProCS3 my footage suddenly was out of sync by three or four seconds. I didn't move any audio independently from any video, so I'm frustrated and concerned about how to correct the problem. I've shut down the system, and started new projects with different settings.

Any ideas?
Andrew Hoag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Trustee

HDV or DV? 3 to 4 seconds across the board, from start to finish or just at the end? Dropped frames? How did you capture?
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

DV Footage, .21 seconds off halfway through the footage, captured via firewire/DV link from camera.

I've managed to fix part of it by independently selecting the audio and dragging it back from the video clip .21 seconds(sorry I exaggerated with the original "three or four seconds" nonsense), which put the majority of the footage from that 60 minute capture back on track.

I'd love to know what the real problem is though....

EDIT: Also, didn't receive any notice after capturing about dropped frames...and from what I can tell nothing is missing.
Andrew Hoag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Trustee

HDVSplit does a remarkably good job as solving these issues for HDV, as does Scenalyzer for DV material and both offer scene detection and date/timestamp file naming. Worth a try.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
HDVSplit does a remarkably good job as solving these issues for HDV, as does Scenalyzer for DV material and both offer scene detection and date/timestamp file naming. Worth a try.
HDVSplit...great free program but you loose any reference to tape name etc.
Rastus Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus Washington View Post
HDVSplit...great free program but you loose any reference to tape name etc.
First, what do you mean by etc.?

Second, I rather lose tape name, than losing scene detection, date and timestamp and sync.
All of these are lost with PR capture.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite