Two-column static title at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Trustee

Two-column static title

I need to create a static end credit title with two columns and the only way I can figure to do it with PP's titler is to create two titles, one with the left column and a second with the right column and overlay them one on the other.

These titles will change weekly so creating a single card in Photoshop or Illustrator adds some steps I don't want to add.

Does anyone know how to create two columns of text in a static card using the PP titler?

TIA.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Major Player

If I understand what you are trying to do, you could use tab stops. Set a tab for the first column, type your info, then tab to the next column and type again. As you move down the title both columns will be lined up, but you will only by using one title. The tab stops can be left, center, or right justified.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Trustee

Lloyd... Thanks. That could work and I'll try it. The only thing that might ball things up is that I need the text to align on center in each column.

It's too bad that Adobe documentation is an information free zone, IMO. Although I poured through the PP chapter on titles there was precious little helpful information beyond the obvious. I guess that's what makes this place so valuable.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes, the help files are useless. One thing they don't tell you about the tab stops is that you must drag and stretch the tab stop window so that the zero is lined up exactly to the edge of your text box. Perhaps that's intuitive to some, but it took me a while to figure that out.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM   #5
New Boot

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can't you just create a list (by typing the names and hitting enter), then click anywhere else with the type tool to create a new text box and do the same thing. You can then line the two boxes up as you want. The only thing you wouldn't have would be an auto-flow so that when the first column gets full it automatically goes to the second column, but that shouldn't take too long to fix manually.

James
James Henley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Trustee

James... Excellent question! I cannot remember if I tried that or not, but I tend to doubt it as I probably did since that's completely intuitive. It's the way you'd do it in Photoshop. I'll have to try that.

I do miss the 3rd party titler in Premier 6.0. It was dead simple but very powerful.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite