Where's audio and how to get it back in Encore??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 6th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where's audio and how to get it back in Encore???

Hello,

I manage to avoid crashing in Premiere in a multi-cam edit, you can see it here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attend-wo...miere-cs4.html

I want to make a normal dvd (or dvd's), but now I'm having problems with Encore. I used dynamic link to import the timelines to Encore, I have a total of 7 timelines, Encore has opened all of them but the problem is that only 2 of them have audio, for the rest no luck, either in preview or in timeline (inside Encore). I've tried:

1. Transcoded them. No luck.

2. Restart Premiere and Encore. No luck

3. I've exported the audio in premiere and then imported in Encore. No luck.

I thought option 3 would be the solution, but didn't work, I don't know what else to do.

Please help!
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Trustee

I've never had this problem but here are a couple of suggestions.
- Check that the audio tracks in your PP timelines are enabled.
- Export a portion of the problem timelines as a DV or QT and see if the audio is there.
- Render your PP audio as a single file and replace the original audio with it - different audio formats can give PP fits.

Your third example strikes me as odd. Encore can handle more audio formats than PP and you certainly should be able to import a straight 48kHz, 16 bit wav file. If you cannot do that, then Encore has somehow gone all pear shaped. You might want to uninstall then reinstall Encore.

Hope that helps.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello Tripp,

Thanks for taking the time for the answer.

- Audio tracks are enable in PP (the edits are fine inside PP).

- I would like to avoid exporting in PP to use in Encore, since files are already huge, I love dynamic link...when it works!!!

- I did that, exported audio as a .aac file and replace it in Encore and it doesn't work.

I'm really puzzle since 2 takes work fine and the rest have everything normal in PP, so this is very, very strange.

I guess my last option will be reinstalling Encore and loose more time!
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Is there any possibilty that the missing tracks were encoded with a different codec than the others, and that codec is missing? Seems unlikely, but when my audio goes walkies it is usually a codec problem or, in the case of a combined audio/video clip, it has been demuxed somehow...Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hello Battle,

Thanks for your time, I don't think that happened, but it really Encore went bananas with this project, and for some reason it couldn't ingest any audio, weather it was with the associated audio, or exporting audio as mp3 or other type, that's way I reinstalled, but for some reason things has got worse, now problems in premiere...:(
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Jose... I had an issue just the other day where I couldn't get sound... the problem was
that I had updated the Black magic software and that changed the sound output to their
offerings...

once i got that worked out I noticed that when I exported from Premiere for some reason
the video exported without the sound files attached... but on examination of the hard drive
I did find the exported sound files too... so I just brought both video and sound to the encore
timeline and it worked...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hello Ray,

I didn't upgrade any video or audio related software, I had all those problems so I decided to reinstall Encore and upgrade, but for some reasons not only things got weir in Premiere but now Encore is even more unstable...I'm running out of options, I'm going to restore a clean image I have of the whole system and see how things go from there, I'm running out of options.
Jose Milan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite