Footage on more than one drive at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 9th, 2009, 02:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Footage on more than one drive

I want to capture footage to 2 drives for editing in a Prem Pro 2 project. What is the best way to proceed regarding scratch disk allocation etc ?
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Trustee

Based upon the configuration in your tag, the two disks you have don't give you many options. I have four drives on my machine. Programs on the C drive. Scratch files on the D drive along with the system swap file. Video goes on E and F. 80GB isn't much room these days but it can work. I wouldn't load it too full as performance will suffer if a drive is too full.

If you have US$100 to spare, I'd recommend buying another drive for your scratch files.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Tripp,

I should have said the second drive with footage on it is an external drive ( F ) which has about 100GB free. The C drive is 4/5th full. Under Preferences > Scratch Disks I have Captured Video Path D and Captured Audio Path D. Am I able to mention 'and Path F' ? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice at this.
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #4
Trustee

If the external is not eSATA, get at least 2 internals more. Your C drive is dangerously full, so it may well behave like a snail, that breaks before rounding a corner.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite