ViaoXG-28 laptop and Premiere 6.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 7th, 2001, 09:27 PM   #1
Liana Doyle

ViaoXG-28 laptop and Premiere 6.0

Anybody have an expierence with this set up?

I can't get video in or out with the Premiere software or out with the Sony Software.

I used the Premiere 5 Le that came with the Viao no problem. I upgraded to the full 5 and no problem. With the 6 I have problems.

I can make avi files but I can't get them out of computer using the Premiere program or the Sony software.
Old November 10th, 2001, 02:18 PM   #2
Chilidog Productions

Try bumping your ram to the max to handle the more intesive program..... Be careful about trying to get proformance out of a laptop regardless what the marketing at sony told you about it. I deal with these issues all the time.
Old November 10th, 2001, 09:23 PM   #3
Liana Doyle

I got the update for P6 and it took care of the Sony DVgate software issue but I still can't video in or out using the P6 program. How do you bump up the ram?
Old November 11th, 2001, 12:38 PM   #4
skipro101

Liana,

While I am new here and know very little about filming, computers is one area I can give back to this forum.

what he is trying to tell you is that you should upgrade your RAM or Random Access Memory. Go to your local BestBuy and have them upgrade it for you.

I have 512 Megs in my laptop and sometimes it can barely handle some of the programs.

As far as how much you should get, get as much as you can afford. You can never have to much! :}
Old November 15th, 2001, 08:21 AM   #5
LiveShot

Try this...

Liana...

I have both a Sony desktop and laptop with Premiere 6, and I had troubles too.

Obviously you're hooking your camera to the laptop using firewire. If so, you should be able to get video in using DVGate motion. But do it while Premiere is NOT running.

Once the files are on your computer, turn your camera off...and launch Premiere. Make sure you use the DV NTSC Standard 32 kz preset. Then do a trial project.

Once you're done, go to file>export timeline>export to tape. Turn your camera back on and try it.

While exporting, the picture should look jumpy on your laptop screen, but ok on your camera's screen or viewfinder. Verify you're getting audio by using phones on the camera.

It should work.

But you've discovered a problem with Sony/Premiere: once you upgrade to full 6.0, the Sony DVGate Motion software cannot recognize a movie made with Adobe 6.0.

You may be able to fix that, too. Try going to the Adobe site and downloading their Sony "fix" patch. Use it, and try again.

Let us know if any of this works.
Old November 17th, 2001, 06:19 AM   #6
Liana Doyle

Thanks for your reply.

I have the Sony Patch and I got the update from Adobe. Dvgate does work but I would like to use Premiere to bring in avi files and out projects. This having to render the project to an avi file on my hard drive and then putting out on my camera is time consumming. I make underwater video for the guests on my dive boat in Thailand. I make an averge of one 30min project a week. I keep good footage so this takes space on my hard drive untill I can put it on my storeage tapes. So using Premier would be great!

Thanks again!
Old November 17th, 2001, 06:42 AM   #7
Trustee

Liana,

sorry this is totally off the subject, but do you run Open Water Courses up there in Thailand. I want to take my girlfriend to do a course and it is so expensive here in Japan and the diving isn't much good, unless you go down to Okinawa. I've dived in Thailand before, Pi Pi Islands, and it was so beautiful, I;d love to go there again.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2001, 08:23 PM   #8
Liana Doyle

Contact me at

liana@genesis1phuket.com

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite