DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Serious Magic DVRack (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/31920-serious-magic-dvrack.html)

Rob Lohman February 8th, 2005 04:06 AM

Ah, I didn't know that. I was under the assumption that it was a
full resolution preview. I still have to check out a demo of DV Rack,
time is just so limited on my end. If they downsample you are
ofcourse loosing resolution indeed, that's obvious. Thanks for
clarifying that for me Barry! Much appreciated.

Your extraction makes sense as well, of course!

Karl Soule February 8th, 2005 11:35 AM

Hi Tim,

Please go to START - Run and type in "Dxdiag." Then Click OK. This will bring up the DirectX Diagnostic Utility. Click the "SAVE ALL INFORMATION" button, and save a text file of your system information. Then, copy and paste it here, or e-mail it directly to me.

The behavior you are seeing definitely isn't the norm - you should be seeing full frame rate video. It's possible that the drivers for your Intel card are out of date, and are causing the weird behavior. We'll be able to see for sure when you post or e-mail me the diagnostic.

Danny Fye February 9th, 2005 02:04 PM

Question About DV Rack Activation

If I activate DV Rack on my note-book computer and my desk top editing system 1 and later change my mind and decide I want to activate it on my desk top editing system 2 instead of system 1, can that be done?

If so, How?

Thanks,
Danny Fye

Karl Soule February 9th, 2005 05:09 PM

Hi Danny,

As a registered user of the software, you can move or transfer it around as you wish. There are some built-in allowances, and if those are exceeded, you just need to call or e-mail us (activate@seriousmagic.com is a direct e-mail for activation issues) with your information, and we'll get things taken care of.

Dennis Vogel February 10th, 2005 12:29 PM

They're offering the same $200 rebate on Ultra, their chroma keying and virtual set product.

Good luck.

Dennis

Shannon Rawls February 11th, 2005 02:39 PM

I love VEGAS
I Love DV Rack

I don't Love VEGAS 'and' DV Rack together.

Why??

DV Rack timecode does not work with Vegas yet.

Waiting on the fix.

- Shannon W. Rawls

Doug Bischoff February 13th, 2005 11:17 AM

More Details

Okay!

We've installed our DVRack software on our production laptop, and switched the capture mode to QuickTime. We did some capture off our Panasonic DVX-100A in 24PA mode... and unfortunately we did not get any better results.

Again, the error message in Final Cut Pro is "Found no clips to remove Advanced Pulldown from!"

Any other thoughts on this?? Might I send you a small test file and have someone check it, or do you not have access to Final Cut Pro over there?

Thanks for any help!

Rob Lohman February 14th, 2005 07:00 AM

You may want to consider contacting Serious Magic's support
directly, it may take a bit of time before they see your post here.

Hugh DiMauro February 16th, 2005 08:06 AM

DV Rack Hardware Suggestions

I've been searching for an affordable laptop to run DV Rack based on two considerations:

1) Do I want to just buy a laptop that comfortably runs DV Rack -or-

2) Do I want to buy a totally blown out laptop that can handle any future endeavors (which of course, will make my out of pocket cost increase significantly).

Can anybody here tell me what minimum (and more affordable) laptop configurations you are using that smoothly runs DV Rack without any glitches whatsoever? I am going to make my purchase this week and I would like to make an informed decision.

Thank for you help!

Hart Boyd February 24th, 2005 12:19 PM

Playback from editor using DV Rack

I was capturing video using Adobe Premiere Pro earlier today using a Sony GV-D1000 connected via firewire and when I was previewing the video it also previewed on the Sony DV deck. I had the idea to connect the firewire to a laptop that had DV Rack installed so that I could use the Field Monitor, Vectorscope and Waveform Monitor so get more information but to my surprise DV Rack did not see the video signal coming from the firewire. After a call to Serious Magic Tech Support I was informed that this configuration would not work due to the way Windows handles two computers connected via firewire, it wants to make a network connection and not a A/V connection. I searched the Internet for a "Black Box" that has to two firewire ports where the "Black Box" would act as a A/V device and not a computer but came up empty. Has anyone solved this problem or know of a solution.

Dan Mumford February 25th, 2005 11:57 AM

Hart,

You can put a version of DV Rack on the computer you are capturing to OR... Buy an external firewire hard drive (or put an internal hard drive in an ADS firewire box) for the laptop. Be sure to have two firewire ports. Connect the GVD-1000 (I have one of those myself) to one port and the hard drive to the other port.

I use an OrangeMicro two port firewire card in my PCMCIA slot. Used it for almost a year before I built my editing computer.

Hope this helps,

Dan

John Hartney February 25th, 2005 11:56 PM

I bought the app today, look forward to testing it against hardware scopes...

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2005 05:58 AM

Hart: I have no idea what you are talking about exactly, especially
these lines are confusing:

"I had the idea to connect the fiewire to a laptop"

what is the firewire? Firewire is a protocol, cable and ports.

"DV Rack did not see the video signal coming from the firewire"

again, same thing

Can you better describe what you are trying to do exactly?

Hart Boyd February 26th, 2005 06:48 AM

When I am editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and have the MiniDV deck connect to my system via firewire and scrub through a clip not only does the clip preview on the computer screen but it also previews on the MiniDV deck which then I have a Sony CRT connected to so I can see the colors correctly and actual picture as it will be viewed on a TV screen. There are settings in Premier Pro that control this. Instead of connecting the MiniDV deck I wanted to connect my laptop with DV Rack loaded on it so I can utilize the utilities (Field Monitor, Vectorscope and Waveform Monitor) for better picture analyst. The problem is that when two Windows systems are connected via firewire the automatically make a network connection and therefore DV Rack does not see the A/V signal. To possible solve the network connection I was hoping to add a box between the two computers that would fake windows into not making a network connection and just pass the A/V signal thought the firewire allowing DV Rack to see it.

Rob Lohman February 26th, 2005 06:58 AM

You want to use a second computer to see the *OUTPUT* from
the *FIRST* computer on which you *EDIT* with DV Rack?

If so that will not work, no matter what you put inbetween.

However, I'm not sure why you would want to. If I'm not mistaken
Premiere Pro includes a vectorscope and waveform monitor (at
least my Sony Vegas does), so you should not need DV Rack while
editing.

If you really must (to check) I would work with vector/waveform
in Premiere, then do a print to tape to the DV deck. Then close
Premiere and load up DV Rack (on the same computer, no need
for two) and start playing the tape and DV Rack should show
you want you want to see.

p.s. I don't see how Dan's solution will work in your case, since
the computers will still see eachother.