editing hd footage is jerky - advice for new video card? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Major Player

editing hd footage is jerky - advice for new video card?

i have 3gig of ram in a P4 3.2 HT pc. and i think the video card is the problem, the footage is jerky when i do an HD multi-cam edit. can any one suggest a video card that will solve the problem for HD editing . cheaper the better.
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Inner Circle

It's not likely the card. Your chip is underpowered for multiple streams of any form of HD. I had a PC with the same chip and couldn't do anything with HDV. AVCHD would be even worse.

Upgraded to a faster machine with same video card and everything works fine, even HDV multicam. Premiere doesn't use the card much; any current card will likely do. Check the Adobe website and see what specs they recommend.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Nail on the head Adam. A new video card isn't going to make up for that 4 generations old processor trying to cut modern HD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite