DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Scott Silverman September 21st, 2002 04:48 PM

Adobe Premiere 6, L and R Channel Seperation?

I use Adobe Premiere 6. How would I seperate the left and right channels off my DV camera in order to put them on my timeline as two seperate audio tracks? When I import my stereo audio into AP6, it comes in as one stereo track. How can I make this 2 seperate tracks? When I export my final video back to tape how can I make both of the audio tracks be on both the left and right audio channels? Thanks!!

Ed Frazier September 22nd, 2002 07:38 AM

Hi Scott,

One way would be to copy the audio track and paste the copy on a second audio track. Mute the left channel on on copy and mute the right channel on the other. (Right click the audio track and select Audio Options)

Scott Silverman September 22nd, 2002 01:42 PM

Thanks Ed,
I thought of that. Then the only problem, is when I export my project back out, the left channel will still be on the left and the right will still be on the right. I need the left chennel to be on both the left and right channel, and the right channel to be on both the left and right channel. I couldn't find anyway to do this. Thanks for your help.

Ed Frazier September 22nd, 2002 03:48 PM

In that case, copy and paste as suggested above but instead of using the mute option, use the duplicate left channel command on one track, then duplicate right channel on the other track. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, this should work. I use the duplicate channel option to effectively mute the opposite channel while still providing audio to both the left and right channel.

Scott Silverman September 22nd, 2002 03:56 PM

Ed,
That sounds like it should work. I will test it to make sure, but it sure sounds like it will work.

Thanks!
Scott

Teague Chrystie November 12th, 2003 10:03 AM

Premiere Capture Woes

Hey guys.

My XL-1s and my editing proggy seem to not like each other. Premiere will only capture one or two scenes (2-3 minutes of footage, for example) before it WILL NOT capture anymore and the application needs to be restarted, or at least a new Movie Capture window opened.

I tried using Windows Movie Maker to capture, which works, but it too gets mad at my DV.

It says 'your camera has problems, refer to your manual' or some crap. I just open a new Record (It's called Record in WMM, Movie Capture in Premiere) window and it works.

While this isn't life or career-threatening, it is irritating, and a mega time waster.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your time.

Fig

Ed Smith November 12th, 2003 11:17 AM

You might have a dud firewire port either on the camera on on the PCI card. Check with another DV camcorder.

Did you set the device control in Premiere to Canon XL1? or generic?

Try these and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Ed

Christopher Hughes November 12th, 2003 07:12 PM

What Windows system you running on? Cos, if I remember right, older versions of Windows, or even Win200 that has Hard drive FAT32 configured drives have a 4 Gig limit, as opposed to NTFS configured drives, or XP which does it automatically that can allow larger files of any size.

That could be your problem why it cuts out after 3 scenes, as its reached the 4gig limit.

Or you could have a dud firewire, but when I have had a dud wire it would not even capture to start with, not cut out after a short while.

Teague Chrystie November 13th, 2003 11:20 AM

I'm using Premiere 6.5 on XP Home.

I haven't adjusted the camera type.

It's not a size issue, either. I HAD 60 free gigs, until I cleared out the raws from my latest project. Now I have 100.

Arthur To December 18th, 2003 02:36 PM

i using win 2k.

premiere 6

brand new xl1s recieved, just plug and play.

its not the cam. its software conflict or problem

-arthur

Don Palomaki December 19th, 2003 05:16 AM

Be sure you have current drivers, and the correct type camera selected in your capture application.

Harry Doyle December 21st, 2003 10:20 PM

i had the same problem using a gl2 with windows xp and premiere 6.5. i was able to remedy the problem by closing the capture window, then turning the camera off and on. i think this topic has come up on the gl1/gl2 forum before as well.

the solution was to use scenalyzer, which everybody seems to love but i personally prefer premiere's capture utility.

i haven't had this problem since moving to premiere pro (thankfully).

harry

Arnaldo Paixao December 23rd, 2003 04:08 AM

Hi Teague.

Same here.
Running WIN XP + Premiere 6.5
Started to capture, capture would stop after some frames. Started capture again and would work ok. After capture, I would review the footage to find that it was full of hickups.
In despair I captured with Pinnacle Studio 8. And it worked. Just hit the capture button and that's it.
When I have the time, full of work now, I'll try understand what's going on.

The files captured in Studio 8 import ok into Premiere. Browsing through the timeline will be a bit sluggish, but that's it.

Best regards,
Arnaldo

Richard Huff Webb July 19th, 2004 06:03 AM

Exporting to tape

Hey guys

I use Premiere 6.5 and have had a glitch when exporting timeline directly from a project to tape, with transitions and effects rendered (I work with an A/B workspace). I get an error message and Premiere closes completely. What I have done to work around this is export the project as a file to the hard drive, then open that file as a new project, which shows no effects or transitions, and then I can export to tape or to my encoder for dvd.

Does everybody have to do this or am I missing something?

Ed Smith July 19th, 2004 11:41 AM

Hi Richard,

PLease answer these questions:

Is this via firewire?
Are you using any hardware acceleration boards?
How long is the project?
does it play Ok in the timeline?
what is the error message?
Does it always do it in the same place?
How many effects are in the timeline?
What settings have you got set in Premiere?

Thanks,