DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Mike Sun January 14th, 2005 07:11 PM

Audio Problems while editing

I recently switched over from Premiere 6.5 to Premiere Pro and one problem I have with it is with the audio.

Bascially while I edit the video and play it on the timeline, the audio is fine. But when I export the finished project and watch it under Windows Media Player, I can hear the static and cracking sounds from the audio.

What I had to do was go back to Premiere and turn the audio down, but this was annoying because I had to turn the audio down, export as a Movie, and watch it under Windows Media to see if the static/cracking noises persisted. If the static noise was still there I had to do the same process. In the end, the audio turns out more quiet than other videos I watch under Windows Media.

Why am I having such problems? I never had it when I used Premiere 6.5. And the origianl audio the camera recorded was not distorted at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jay Butler January 14th, 2005 08:43 PM

That might be the problem, when I load up my footage (which is an hour long at 13.2gigs), I usually just can hear the first minute or so...then nothing, then I get pissed and shut Premiere down...that could possibly be the problem. I'll load up Premiere, then my project and let it go overnight, it could possibly work...thanks!

Brandon Greenlee January 14th, 2005 10:27 PM

By the way,

Premiere Pro tells it is conforming with a status bar on the very bottom right hand side. If the video is an hour long I think you could expect a 2-3 minute conforming process. Maybe as much as 5.

Supposedly this conforming allows premiere to create a higher quality audio editing enviroment.

Jay Butler January 15th, 2005 06:34 AM

Yep, that was the problem, thanks guys!

Pete Bauer January 15th, 2005 07:19 AM

Glad to hear it!

I should add that what's happening is any audio that isn't 32-bit quality is conformed to that for use within the program. This is done to give some "overhead" for processing audio and still having high quality output.

PPro saves the conformed audio files in a scratch folder unless it doesn't have the room on disk to do so. As long as it can save the scratch files, it won't have to conform again; if it can't save the files, or you change the location of files, then it will conform again next time you open the original file.

So creating your folder structure as mentioned earlier and leaving everything set up the same way will really go a long way to minimize the pain of conforming audio.

Jay Butler January 15th, 2005 12:14 PM

^^^Thx for the tip.

Ray Sigmond January 15th, 2005 01:15 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : thanks for that..

im lookin at jumping ship permanently to PremPro with either an RTx100 or Axio soon, and by what ive seen with Prem's 5.1, its seems very tedious.... so i might jsut do the project and do the audio in Vegas... least with a MAtrox i dont have to render for 20 bloody hours.. -->>>

Peter, why are you looking to jump ship on Vegas?

Peter Jefferson January 15th, 2005 08:07 PM

rendering mainly.. no other reason really.. Vegas is probably one of, if not THE most advanced software tools out there.. when compared to Prem on its own.. i can work 3 times faster.. then i get hit in the head with the rendering.. :(

i dont like the idea of having my HDDs, which hold numerous projects at a time, running the risk of a HDD failure. even with a mirrored drive, the risk is just too high

I like the program... hell iof Vegas could be used with a Matrox RTx100, it would be the bees knees.. but i seriously need a realtime option for the kind of work i do.. and 25hr renders just arent an option anymore....

Rick Step January 15th, 2005 08:08 PM

From Ppro to FCP...edl question

I'm preediting a documentary on my PC with Preimere Pro. In about a week, I'll need to move over to a Final Cut Pro HD system to do color corrections, tighten up the edit, ect. Moving machines is neccesary.

Is there a way to export an EDL to a file that Final Cut Pro will read and batch capture? What are my options here...whats the best way to do this. Thanks,

Rick

Glenn Chan January 15th, 2005 09:36 PM

If the EDL doesn't work, try Automatic Duck.

http://www.automaticduck.com/

It may or may not translate all the complex parts of the Premiere Pro project to Final Cut, so research that beforehand or stick to simple stuff in Premiere (i.e. cuts and dissolves with placeholder titles).

Ray Sigmond January 15th, 2005 11:29 PM

I have Pinnacle Liquid Edition and Adobe Premiere 6.5. i am purchasing a Panasonic DVX100A and am switching to Vegas. I've downloaded the demo and love the stability and workflow so far.

Peter Jefferson January 16th, 2005 08:17 AM

Editions 5.1 is a joke.. no seriosuly.. ive tested it extensively to se what benefits it offers over any other app (i sell this stuff) i dont like the idea of not seeing my video when creating a surround pan..

even though Liquid is using a licensed encoder, it still doesnt cut it with true to form live work..

VST plugins are good, but i can run VSTs in Vegas with Amulet (a VST to DX adapter)

ive been tryin to get into Prems 5.1, but its pretty useless considering that u cant access this if workin on a matrox rtx100 based project..

Axio seems liek a good system, but i still dotn see any 5.1 support.. im not expecting a hardar DD encoder, but i was expecting at least, audio to go through the soundcards surround mixer.. with an NLE interface (like vegas) and with ASIO driver, latency should be non existant or barely noticable at least..

i wonder when Matrox are gettin off their butts to get AXIO out..
Ive got a stinky old digisuite here waiting to be upgraded..

Ed Smith January 16th, 2005 09:07 AM

"i wonder when Matrox are gettin off their butts to get AXIO out.. "

The word on the street is pretty soon! They said at IBC that it should arrive in the first quarter of 2005. However what matrox say sometimes should be taken with a pinch of salt...

Its a shame that Matrox did not write any drivers for the digisuite range to run PP. But the good thing is that when AXIO is released you should get a pretty good discount if you have a digisuite card!

Cheers,

Ed Smith January 16th, 2005 09:10 AM

Premiere Pro should be able to export pretty much any industry standard edl list, and FCP should be able to read them.

I would do some research. First find out what FCP can acccept and then see if PP can write to those files.

Rob Yannetta January 17th, 2005 02:42 PM

Plugins for Premiere 6.5?

Are there any plugins for Premiere 6.5?

Are these plugins for free or fee based?