DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Pete Bauer February 2nd, 2005 06:25 PM

Are you absotively, posilutely certain that your EXPORT setting was 16:9? I've had no problem with 16:9 export in PPro.

Andrew Oh February 2nd, 2005 06:58 PM

Hey Pete,

I tried exporting the footage and it turned out fine but when I render my timeline, it plays back on my monitor in 4:3 and not 16:9. When I unclick the effects, the footage goes back to 16:9. It's very strange! Thanks for your help Pete.

Chris Vaglio February 4th, 2005 02:48 PM

Flickering Windows in 24P project

We shot footage yesterday on the Panasonic DVX100A in 24PA mode and today after we imported to footage into Premiere Pro 1.5 in a 24p project the windows in the back of our shots are all flickering.

This is a first for us becuase this has never happened before. When we import the footage into a the Matrox DVCAM project, the windows do not flicker, but will it still be true 24p?

We are using a Dell Windows XP system with Premiere Pro 1.5 and the Matrox RTX 100 Extreme.

Does any one have any thoughts on this.

Thanks

Chris Vaglio

Pete Bauer February 4th, 2005 06:07 PM

Hi Chris,

My first guess is that the windows in your background were bright enough to clip at 100IRE. There is a known issue with clipping and 24p in PPro. The linked thread described a problem similar to yours and contains links to Adobe's FAQ and the thread in the Adobe Forums that generated the FAQ:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=37100

If that isn't on the mark, let us know...I suppose it could be something to do with the Matrox hardware, but I don't happen to use any Matrox stuff so can't say help with that.

Cheers,

Billy Dalrymple February 7th, 2005 09:24 AM

What are the effects you are applying?

Billy Dalrymple February 7th, 2005 11:50 AM

I only use uncompressed while editing because I dont have to worry about any recompression loss. It is slower and it does consume enormous amounts of disk space.

Before comitting to uncompressed I would find my self getting "stuck" with an unacceptable video quality on a piece that I had spent days on and the only way to fix it was to redo most of it using uncompressed... Now I always go uncompressed.

You're looking at about 1.5 gig of hard drive space for every minute of footage. but with 250 gig HDs going for under $200 thats a small price to pay for a higher quality end result.

Dmitry Yun February 7th, 2005 12:48 PM

Frame export

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any way I can export an .avi clip 24p in image batches like .tiff composition in Premier Pro 1.5 ?

Thanks

Cliff Hepburn February 7th, 2005 12:56 PM

keyframes out of sync.

I had a corrupt AVI file on one of my projects. I thought, no problem. I'll just go back to the tape and recapture the footage.
Now using my recaptured footage my keyframes are out of sync. Not much, maybe 10-15 frames out of whack. I probably started recording a few frames earlier than the original capture.
I was under the impression that Premiere used the timecode to link up the original project file and the AVI file. Is this not the case? Is there an easy way to fix this without going through the entire thing and moving the individual keyframes?
Thanks
Cliff

Ed Smith February 7th, 2005 01:11 PM

If you do File> Export> Movie
then select settings. Then from the file type drop down menu you can choose various picture formats (Win BMP, GIF, TGA, Tiff). (Make sure that the frame size and frame rate is set correctly)

Remember though that it exports each frame of the movie into individual pictures - This can take up quite a lot of space on your HD.

Hope this helps,

Ben Gurvich February 7th, 2005 04:07 PM

Are there any codecs that are transparant with regards to re rendering and putting effects on dv. Im looking for a bit more info

Rhett Allen February 7th, 2005 04:33 PM

One River Media has a bunch of information about video codecs. You should also dig around at Adam Wilt's site as well because he has a collection of articles and links you could spend months reading.
I haven't seen much really current information out there lately. Everything seems to be about 5-7 years old which is terrible because we have come so far in that time.
Dmitry Gromov had a site (offline) with a really decent comparison on it actually showing the generation losses but it's been offline for quite a while. I have it archived on my computer if anyone wants it. I offered it to Adam Wilt (because he refers to it on his own site) but because it is not his own work, he rightfully declined. If anyone knows Dmitry, you might ask him if it is still relevant and if he wants it reposted on Geocities (where it was originally).

As far as an excellent uncompressed codec, Microcosm is a very fine way to go. You can buy it here.

Dmitry Yun February 7th, 2005 04:35 PM

Thanks

That was very helpful thanks Ed :)

Rob Lohman February 8th, 2005 06:14 AM

I'd say do it manually and be done with it. Will save you more time
in the end probably. I have no answer as to why this may have
happened...

Greg Jacobson February 8th, 2005 07:01 AM

Premeire Pro cannot convert 60i to 24p?

In Vegas I can render out decent looking 24p but in Premeire Pro the video does not play properly. It just flickers on and off.

Any help from anyone who works this way?

Rob Lohman February 8th, 2005 07:13 AM

Have you enabled the "remove/reduce interlace flicker" option?