6.5 vs 2 or 3.0...please don't laugh..tks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 5th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Pelley View Post
I'm trying a very crippled trial/demo version of CS4 which does not show any MPEG functions, setting or parameters at all!! Go figure because that's what most of us need.
That is pretty much the case with the demo version of any NLE. As I understand it, the terms of the MPEG encoder license don't allow unpaid distribution for evaluation so the NLE demo versions don't include it.

Most NLE's do a rather poor job of HD to SD downsizing for MPEG export. Jumping from one NLE to another doesn't help with this problem because they all suffer from this. There is a very informative thread that helps understand the problem as well as provides some solutions. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...d-quality.html
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #17
Major Player

Ervin, to answer your questions in brief:

I've been told by the station manager (unsolicited ...by the way type of comment) that it was one of the better programs they had.

The visual quality of the other programs generally speaking varies from bad to fair to somewhat good. The best are professionally produced info/commericals.

I could submit a dv tape however I know (they've said so) they will encode at a low(er) rate which will ensure what the audience sees will be poor at best! I submit a hi quality encoded file on dvd...in a effort to improve any chance/opportunity there is because the quality only goes downhill from the moment they touch the disc.

I think that overall my relationship thier with the management staff and engineers is good as they are responsive to my observations and investiage any complaints!
However, that doesn't mean they'll correct the problem then & there or at any point of time in the future.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #18
Major Player

Jim,

My sole objective and workflow is all SD/NTSC.

I do not own a HD camera at the present time so down conversion is not an issue here.

Thanks for your valued input.

Bruce
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite