DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   DV Rack Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/37231-dv-rack-announcements.html)

Dave Campbell September 13th, 2006 05:52 PM

So, I want to order Upgrade from DV Rack (with HDV PowerPak) to DV Rack 2.0 HD, but says I cant order, so how can there be a date of order before 9/30?

Dave

Mark Mapes September 13th, 2006 11:05 PM

We hit a snag at the last minute that prevented us from posting DV Rack HD 2.0 today. It should be available tomorrow.

Dave Campbell September 14th, 2006 01:34 PM

Just tried again, and worked great. Will try to load it tonight.

Dave

Keith Nealy September 14th, 2006 02:16 PM

Mark,

This looks like a great release.

What formats and frame rates will you be able to capture with the JVC GY-HD250?

Is there plans for HDSDI capture thru express54?

thanks,

Keith

Karl Soule September 15th, 2006 12:58 AM

DV Rack 2.0 now available

Hi Everyone,

DV Rack 2.0 is now shipping, and in 2 flavors:

DV Rack 2.0 SD supports standard-def DV cameras.

DV Rack 2.0 HD supports DV, HDV, DVCPro50, and DVCProHD cameras.

The list of new features is way too long to list here - Check www.seriousmagic.com for a complete list of new features.

We also shipped a new product - the DVCProHD Decoder, which enables Windows applications like Premiere Pro 2 and Sony Vegas to read DVCProHD video.

Barry Gribble September 15th, 2006 05:52 AM

Karl,

Thanks.

It says " The Field Monitor is available in two sizes: 4:3 and 16:9 (HD up to 1280x720)." Does that mean that you are now displaying the full resolution image as it is captured? Does is display the full 720x480 for SD?

One of the things holding me back on this before was the inability to use it for focusing with the display resolution in 1.0.

Karl Soule September 15th, 2006 06:12 AM

Hi Barry,

There are 2 solutions to your problem - 1 is to use the original size 4:3 or 16:9 field monitor, and use the 1:1 pixel zoom mode, which is designed for critical focus needs. There is a keyboard shortcut - I think it's Ctrl-Z to toggle 1:1 zoom on and off, but it's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet. I'll double-check.

In DV Rack 2.0 HD, there is a new 1280x720 monitor frame, which if used for an SD signal will display the SD image at full resolution, so that you'll see all the pixels of the SD feed at all times.

Barry Gribble September 15th, 2006 06:22 AM

Karl,

Didn't expect to hear from you for a couple hours :).

Thanks, that's great. The 1:1 is new, yes?

Also, the DVCProHD decoder sounds good too. I'm not shooting with that yet, and so I didn't know that there was a need. Question: If I am shooting with an HVX200 and recording directly to DVRack, will there be no need for this conversion?

Karl Soule September 15th, 2006 06:44 AM

Barry, Serious Magic has had a history of announcing a product early, and shipping it later. This time, we didn't announce until we shipped it, and it's been killing me for the past month not telling anyone about it. I'm so excited that I can talk about it, I can't sleep. :)

That's Right - there's no need for file conversion. DV Rack captures direct to AVI or QuickTime files.

We do include the DVCProHD Decoder with every purchase of DV Rack 2.0 HD as a special free bonus. Without the decoder, the only NLE that reads DVCProHD data is Canopus Edius. Premiere Pro and Vegas editors have been left out. With the Decoder, these NLE's can read the files. You can also convert files recorded on a P2 card with the Batch Converter to match your DV Rack footage.

BTW - The QuickTime files currently cannot be read on a PC. That's an Apple decision not to include a DVCProHD QuickTime codec in the Windows version of QuickTime. However, the clips are viewable in DV Rack, and will drag/drop right into Final Cut on a Mac.

Eric Darling September 15th, 2006 07:18 AM

Quote:

BTW - The QuickTime files currently cannot be read on a PC. That's an Apple decision not to include a DVCProHD QuickTime codec in the Windows version of QuickTime. However, the clips are viewable in DV Rack, and will drag/drop right into Final Cut on a Mac.
That's great news, Karl! I also think the $99 upgrade price should be available for owners of the HDV plugin for a little bit longer than the end of this month. I just forked over hundreds to buy the DV Rack/HDV combo not two weeks ago, so it makes choking down another $99 for the software an unforeseen expense. The surprise on a new version is nice, but it would be nice to have a little additional time to afford the upgrade at the right price.

Karl Soule September 15th, 2006 08:44 AM

I can't make any guarantees about extending the sale price, since that is outside of what I control, but I will take your request to our sales manager.

Mark Mapes September 15th, 2006 12:42 PM

The JVC GY-HD250 should be fully supported by DV Rack 2.0 HD, but we don't have one of them in-house to test with. Feel free to download the trial and see for yourself--and please let us know if you run into any problems.

How many hard drives are you prepared to install to capture HDSDI? By our calculations, you'll need 6 of them.

Keith Nealy September 15th, 2006 07:05 PM

It's just a matter of Moore's law and time. :)

One can only hope.

aloha,

Keith

Shawn Redford September 26th, 2006 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Soule
I can't make any guarantees about extending the sale price, since that is outside of what I control, but I will take your request to our sales manager.

Hi Karl - Do I understand correctly that a recent purchase of DV Rack 1.2 and HDV Rack 1.2 is NOT elligible for a free upgrade to DV Rack 2.0 HD? That seems very uncommon in the software industry.

Though the new features of version 2.0 look nice, I have to say that $800 for a new version of DV Rack 2.0 HD makes it seem like far less of a deal.

Did your sales manager decided to extend the sale price? Thanks, Shawn

Travis Maynard September 27th, 2006 12:51 PM

I was hoping for a free upgrade myself... Oh well.

Can't afford the upgrade this time around.