DV Rack type product for Mac? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DV Rack type product for Mac?

Hi all

Was looking at DV Rack for pc at their website. Is there a product like this for the mac?

thanks
Donie
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

Donie, this topic was recently covered, please see the following thread and direct any responses there: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=36577
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Apologies for that. Sorry. Should have searched first I guess :(
Old May 26th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Mac intel and Ultra 2 ......

I understand DV Rack now works on the Mac Intel machine, great! My question is does Ultra 2 work on the Mac Intel machine. I realize Serious Magic is coming out with HD capabilities in the near future but what about
SD out of the HVX200. Is that supported?
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #5
Serious Magic

Using the "Boot Camp" software, both applications should run on the MacBook Pro laptops. However, keep in mind that Boot Camp is still in Beta, and is not officially supported.

(Here at Serious Magic, that doesn't mean that we will not try to resolve problems, but if you run into an unusual issue that we cannot solve, the end answer may be that Boot Camp is doing something out of the norm, and we can't fix it.)

The upcoming DVCPro support for DV Rack will support both DVCPro50 and the HD varieties.

ULTRA supports any format as long as the codec is installed. ULTRA reads both QuickTime and DirectShow codecs installed in Windows. As long as ULTRA finds a compatible codec, it'll read the files. So, right now, ULTRA can read DVCPro50 files if a DVCPro50 codec is installed, and the file is in QuickTime or AVI format.
Karl Soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Major Player

New mac DV rack type program!!

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to post this I just thought Mac users may be interested in seeing that there is now a mac program similar to this. If this isn't appropriate, feel free to remove it. Anyways here's where you can read about the new software.....it looks pretty good and you can get an HD version as well.

www.scopebox.com

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
www.gforcevideo.com
Gabe Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #7
Regular Crew

HDV Rack for the MAC?

I can only hope that Adobe's announcement that they are bringing Premiere back to the MAC means that there will be HDVrack for the MAC as well.

-Geoff
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite