DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro 1.5.1 available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/40314-premiere-pro-1-5-1-available.html)

Steven Gotz February 28th, 2005 11:06 PM

Premiere Pro 1.5.1 available

The Premiere Pro 1.5.1 update is available for download.

And if you have Aspect HD, it will soon allow you to write back to tape. Watch for the Aspect HD upgrade to be released shortly.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

Captures from, and exports back to tape. Finally.

David Newman March 1st, 2005 12:06 AM

The current version of Aspect HD (2.5b) is already configured to support PPro 1.5.1. So the new Premiere can be used directly from Aspect HD. To the new Premiere HDV capture tool can capture directly into an Aspect HD project, and export to tape functions today straight from an Aspect HD timeline. Finally. But more is to come Aspect HD 3.0 is very close will even more speed, more quality and control.

Andrew J Hall March 1st, 2005 01:14 AM

Is Aspect HD 3.0 going to be a free upgrade from 2.5 ie do I need to postpone my purchase of the Aspect / Premiere package :-) ?

Andrew Hall

Steven Gotz March 1st, 2005 08:25 AM

David,

I don't get the same Export to Tape option in a Cineform preset project as I do from the native Premiere Pro project. It is disabled.

Can you tell us how it is supposed to work?

David Newman March 1st, 2005 09:42 AM

Andrew,

Aspect HD 3.0 will be a free upgrade.

David.

David Newman March 1st, 2005 09:45 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Steven Gotz : David,

I don't get the same Export to Tape option in a Cineform preset project as I do from the native Premiere Pro project. It is disabled.

Can you tell us how it is supposed to work? -->>>

Go into preferences and set your device control to "HDV Device Control", plug in your HDV camera and the "Export to tape" option will be available.

David.

Greg Jacobson March 1st, 2005 09:39 PM

So no reason to buy Aspect HD now? I can just use the Premeire Pro 1.51 version and get the same features?

Steven Gotz March 1st, 2005 09:51 PM

Oh, sorry. No.

You get realtime editing with Aspect HD. You don't with just Premiere Pro. Aspect HD provides extra realtime effects and transitions. A much better deal.

You spent a lot on a camera, a lot on a NLE. You might as well spend the extra money to get the best editing solution available. I am a big Aspect HD fan. Check out my HDV page and you'll see!

Graham Hickling March 2nd, 2005 12:16 AM

Another missing feature that will be a bummer for some people is that the 1.5.1 update apparently only ships with the Cineform Directshow codec, and not the Video for Windows codec.

Consequently there will be a number of programs, including perhaps After Effects, that wouldn't be able to open the Cineform avi files that 1.5.1 plugin produces.

(I have no direct experience with this as yet - I'm just reading from the pdf file that comes with 1.5.1).

Kyle Edwards March 2nd, 2005 11:56 PM

It appears you can't use the codec in other programs besides 1.5.1. Shame, I do alot of work outside of Premiere with my footage, then bring it back into Premiere. Can't do that with this update. That is their way of getting you to pay $500 for their codec.

Greg Jacobson March 3rd, 2005 12:00 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Kyle Edwards : It appears you can't use the codec in other programs besides 1.5.1. Shame, I do alot of work outside of Premiere with my footage, then bring it back into Premiere. Can't do that with this update. That is their way of getting you to pay $500 for their codec. -->>>

What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to? After Effects or other non-Adobe programs?

Christopher C. Murphy March 3rd, 2005 06:58 AM

Ok, so like every damn editor INCLUDING iMovie now edits HDV.....except the "industry standard" Final Cut Pro? My ex-wife (the PC) isn't looking to bad these days....

Graham Hickling March 3rd, 2005 07:34 AM

>>What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to?

I tried the AspectHD demo, and the CFHD codec was available for in, for example, AfterEffects, Virtualdub, TMPGenc and Procoder .... making it very useful for general video tasks well beyond Premiere.

Kevin Shaw March 3rd, 2005 08:00 AM

Steven: can you give us a quick summary of what HDV editing tasks work in real time with Aspect HD? I've heard it may be a fairly short list of effects.

Greg Jacobson March 3rd, 2005 09:09 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Graham Hickling : >>What "other porgrams" would you expect their codec to be transferrable to?
I tried the AspectHD demo, and the CFHD codec was available for in, for example, AfterEffects, Virtualdub, TMPGenc and Procoder .... making it very useful for general video tasks well beyond Premiere. -->>>

Yeah, if you can't work on the file in AE then the included codec with Premeire Pro 1.5.1 is basically useless for a lot of people and we need to buy the $500 version from Cineform.