Sound Has Gone Missing...Any Ideas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 27th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sound Has Gone Missing...Any Ideas?

After a hiatus of a few months I went back to a project I have been working on. Nothing has changed but the sound in all of my clips in the timeline is gone. I can get it back by doing the following:

1) Reveal in Project
2) Place clip in source monitor
3) Replace with Clip ==> From Source Monitor

Kind of a long and arduous task though seeing as I have taken sound from different clips and placed it over the sound in the clips I am using. (ie. a clip of me driving might have the stereo on so I took the sound of the vehicle from another clip and overlayed it)

I have since moved the files to a more stable drive but maintained the directory structure and drive name for the new drive. F:\Video\Edit is still the same thing. The only other difference would be that my cache files were removed as I installed a new OS on my main drive but again, before I did any of this the sound was still missing.

Any ideas what might have caused this to happen? More importantly, is there an easier way to relink all of those sound files? They're all still in the same place on the same clips and in the same directories.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Scott Thibodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:18 AM   #2
Trustee

Maybe it's because I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm not sure I have enough info to help you yet. Have the sound files disappeared from the project or just don't play? Sounds like the latter. Is that correct?

The first two things I do when things get odd are rebuild the preferences and import the project into a new project. The first you do by pressing and holding the shift key when launching PP until you get the first interface display. That's the one asking you what you want to do; open a project, create new project, etc.

For reasons I don't understand, importing an old project into a new one can fix several project issues. I don't know whether that action verifies the data and structure of the project or what. But doing it has bailed me out a time or two.

HTH.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite