Pure Virtual Call Error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 6th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pure Virtual Call Error

Hello,
I am having a problem with exporting MPEG2 DVD out of Premiere Pro CS3 using Adobe Media Encoder.

During renders it will fail at random points and give a Pure Virtual Call error.
After some digging I have deleted the preferences and installed a update for my C++ Library but nothing seems to work. I haven't been able to find any other work arounds. I have 36 half hour videos to export and this is really slowing me down.

I am cutting on a 32-bit Vista Business Ultimate with 4 gigs of ram. Thanks in advance.
Patrick Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Trustee

For a variety of reasons, output quality among them, I've given up on AME for DVDs. I spent the US$100 or so for TMPGEnc and pipe the output through DebugMode. The frequent AME failures wanted to make me jump out of a high window.

In trying to suss out my AME failure issues I did a ton of research and do not recollect seeing your type of error. My limited familiarity with the innards of software leads me to believe that you might have a wormy install of something. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling CS3. Please stop rolling your eyes now. (grin) If that doesn't solve it, blow away the entire machine and reinstall the OS. Do a full drive format too. (Is it still called "low level"?) Drive issues can cause weird problems.

Whilst this may sound a bit drastic, it's simpler than trying to solve the problem at the component level. It may actually be quicker too.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was dreading that that was what I might have to do. I am on a very tight time limit to get these videos exported and onto DVD Masters so I think I will just have to tough it out for a while.

Update: It seems to work when I completely shut the machine down and start rendering after booting it back up. Might this mean that I have a memory leak problem? Also I am working on a internal RAID 0. Might that cause problems?
Patrick Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Myers View Post
Update: It seems to work when I completely shut the machine down and start rendering after booting it back up. Might this mean that I have a memory leak problem? Also I am working on a internal RAID 0. Might that cause problems?
Glad to hear you got is at least partially sorted. A reboot can cure a variety of ills. I always reboot before I render.

A properly configured RAID shouldn't make a difference. It just looks like a really big and really fast disk to the OS and apps, assuming it's a hardware RAID. It can be that way for a software RAID too but there are lots of variables with that one.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite