m2t files and CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 12th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Inner Circle

m2t files and CS3

Shouldn't be a problem, right? I'm in the midst of transitioning to tapeless, using the MRC1k recorders on my Z5s. After transferring and re-joining split files to my project drive (using the Sony utility), trying to import them into a standard Premiere project causes an instant freeze-up, resulting in the dreaded non-specific CPP-105 error. After I close Premiere it can't be restarted without a reboot of the machine, and on machine shutdown I get a Photoshop.exe error, which I've read has something to do with importer issues (which seems to make sense). I've tried renaming the m2t files to mpeg files but no difference.

So I'm in the process of reinstalling Premiere right now and will run the updates as well. I assume I'm dealing with some sort of corrupted importer issue. Interestingly, the CS3 help files make no reference to m2t files although they say mpeg-2 is supported (obviously).

This may just be the issue that blackmails me into installing CS4. Trouble is, I'm in the middle of four projects and I hate to upgrade mid-stream.

Anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I've just screwed up on some setting somewhere, haven't I? Over in the Premiere forums they talk about uninstalling Quicktime, but I checked and I don't even have it on my machine. This ought to just work natively, right? A search on prior threads shows others with this problem but no definitive answers other than, well, it ought to work (including a terse response from yours truly from about a year ago)...

Standard 1080i60 project

Xeon 5430 x 2
20 GB Ram
7TB Project drive in RAID3
ATI 5430 HD
Vista 64 Ultimate

Update:
Reinstalled CS3 -- no improvement
Ran 3.2.0 Update -- no improvement
Hold SHIFT key on Startup - what do you know, it works!
For the moment, at least.

For future reference. Thanks to David and Lloyd and all who suggested this as far back as 2007.

Last edited by Adam Gold; December 12th, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite