Adobe Guidance Needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 28th, 2010, 11:02 PM   #1
New Boot

Adobe Guidance Needed

Hello All-

First off I would like to introduce myself since this is my first time posting on this forum. So Hello dvinfo users! A little bit about myself- I am a very young intern who is in the process of being converted from photography to digital video by my coworkers. I was just recently handed a 7D, Tamron 17-50mm lens, steadicam, and Adobe Suite for my mac book. So you can say i'm fairly spoiled at work.

Ok down to business. First advise that I am seeking is where to look for the best and fastest way to learn Adobe CS4 Premiere and then Adobe After Effects. I have already been watching tutorials online, but I was wondering if there were any recommended books or other forum to read. Looked at the Adobe forum, but doesn't look like there is much action going on there. I know that practice will help me the most but I want to learn short keys and all of that jazz. So if you think that you know anything that can help me (someone who knows absolutely nothing) please let me know!

-Tim

Summary: I know nothing about CS4 Premiere and Effects. Recommend where to start.
Tim Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Wrangler

Lynda.com

Lynda.com is a great resource for US$25 per month. And there's nothing better than doing a small easily handled project to start honing your skills ... well except for finding and posting your question on the best video forum in the world. Welcome to DVINFO!
Old January 29th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Michael
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Regular Crew

videocopilot.net

Best tutorials for After Effects
Todd Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #5
New Boot

Todd this is exactly what i'm looking for. Thank you!
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Grant View Post
Todd this is exactly what i'm looking for. Thank you!

Tim you are not taking very good notes.... I told you about video videocopilot.net three days ago. Pay attention young man! Welcome to the forum and you will get it. There's no substitute for putting you hands on it and working with.
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:07 AM   #7
Major Player

Go here for great training sources: Adobe Press
Brian Barkley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite